Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

craignozza

moving truckmount
« on: July 04, 2011, 05:26:27 pm »
Hi everyone
This might sound like a strange question but my truckmount hydramaster maxx 450d is trailer mounted at the mo but i need to move it  and put in my van to take to hydramaster to get fitted does anybody know the best way to move/lift these as it weighs a ton
Many thanks craig

derek west

Re: moving truckmount
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 05:34:35 pm »
this might sound like a stupid answer but trailer it down and JG will use the forklift to put it in. then empty trailer back, all though i'm guessing youve all ready thought of this and for some reason unbeknown to me, it can't be done that way ;D

craignozza

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 05:42:49 pm »
someone has made me an offer i cant refuse for the trailer which in turn will be funding the installation of the truckmount . so i am at a loss in what to do about getting this off the trailer and into my van

clinton

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 06:11:46 pm »
Think if you ask at some sort of works were they have a forklift they will do it for you even at a small price..

derek west

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 06:16:55 pm »
4 burly blokes should be able to lift it.

or 6 non burly blokes.

or 8 shaun ashmores. ;D

Joe H

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 06:44:23 pm »
Is your van beefy enough to take the machine?

clinton

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 06:49:49 pm »
Derek ;D

Mike Halliday

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2011, 07:10:54 pm »
drive around any local small industrial estates and look for any companies who have a fork lift, then just offer them £20 to pick it up and shove it in your van.

done this loads of times, it takes then less than 5 mins. often they will do it for free if they are not busy.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

craignozza

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2011, 07:46:35 pm »
Cheers for your replies,

I know the guys at the local builders merchant so am going to ask them tomorrow. A couple of us tried to move it earlier and decided it was a no go, even with a few others helping.

Joe - van should be fine -  just sold my transit swb and got a 3.5t citroen relay lwb, am picking it up tomorrow.

Cheers, Craig

derek west

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2011, 07:48:49 pm »
been looking at them vans craig, what year/price if you don't mind me asking

nevil

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2011, 09:21:11 am »
I have the same machine in my van. Great machine but getting on in hours. I also have a 4.0 as a back up machine. I have swapped them over several times. No lifting gear just me. I made a steel trolley the same height as the van bed. found a way of securing it beside the van. Then simply drag the machine bit by bit. The 4.0 is easier, obviously lighter but also has those solid tubes to get hold of. I use everything I can. Park the van sloping the right way so you can take advantage of gravity. It's hard but doable.

craignozza

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2011, 07:58:37 pm »
derek ive got a 53 plate it cost me £1300 of ebay with ten months mot and 5 months tax it had a slight diesel leak but was fixed easily so a bit of a bargain really also masses of room in the back .
cheers craig

Joe H

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2011, 07:50:20 am »
........... also masses of room in the back .
cheers craig

Reckon you will soon fill it.  ;)
always do I find

clinton

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2011, 07:52:22 am »
A bit like a garden shed ;D