Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

julianbiggs

How long to do a house ?
« on: November 02, 2005, 10:38:27 pm »
Recently had a guy from Nottingham who came to Southwell where i live and he tried to flog me 28 houses which he reckons he can do in one day using the traditional method. Now i promise i dont hang about and my "record" is 14 houses in a day. is he fleecing his customers ?????

Re: How long to do a house ?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 10:39:48 pm »
they must be all terraced houses cos i cant do that many with wfp and without moving the van

brett walker

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2005, 10:52:50 pm »
Hi Julianbiggs

I am from Nottingham, do you know what area this work was based?

Any idea what his name is ?

regards

Brett

windowcleanomano

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2005, 11:00:58 pm »

Get him to show you on one of our expected rainy days (cant work) and SEE what you think.

gaza

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2005, 11:06:54 pm »
JULIAN: IM FROM NOTTM LIKE BRETT HOW MANY WINDOWS,DOORS ETC AND WHAT PRICE.
 MIND YOU THERES FISHERMANS TALES AND THERES W/C TALES
 GAZA
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

Ian_Giles

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2005, 06:41:00 am »
An average semi, about 11 or 12 standard UPVC windows will take the average window cleaner around 20 minutes....tops!
Or rather you will do the cleaning quicker, but you have to pull up, pack up, collect and move on to the next one.
3 an hour is easily acheivable, and of these type of houses, if you had them all day long, on a good day you might well knock out about 20 of them.

If your record is 14 houses in one day, I'll bet they are not of the standard, 3 bed semi type, you'll have a mixture, some easy, some larger, some harder.

If you are still saying you have only done 14 standard houses in a day, then you are a bit slower than you could perhaps be.
But ultimately it is how much you are earning in a day, not how many houses you can clean.
Yesterday I cleaned just 5 houses and turned over £120.  It would have been more, but the first couple of the hours of the day were taken up with other stuff, should hav e been £35 more, and that would have been just 9 accounts in total.

There are a few out there that can bang out 5 or more houses an hour, but they are the exception and not the rule.
Go watch him in action, tell him to put his money where his mouth is!

Regards,

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

kiral1404

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2005, 08:48:42 am »
Takes me 20 mins top and bottom wfp
did 5 bed leaded yesterday 30 mins

AuRavelling79

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2005, 12:59:21 pm »
On trad. I found that a 3 bed semi with bays took five - ten  minutes longer than without.

But 3 bed average houses can be so different.

My ol' Mum lives in the middle terrace of a block of six (with easy rear access) and has two front bays. I  live in a similar sized three bed semi with no bays. At my top speed my house took 15 mins. (more like 20mins doing similar for a day in a compact area.) Hers took 22 mins (edging up to 25/30 on a full day's work.)

With the pole mine takes twelve minutes (15 in a days work - moving the trolley etc). Mum's takes 15 - including wheeling trolley around the back.

Charging rates for similar houses? One like mine £10, one like me mummys £12.50? (May be a bit less if I was just starting and in need of work - say £8.50/£10.00
It's a game of three halves!

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2005, 01:07:23 pm »
one like me mummys £12.50?

Malc,

Hope she gets a MASSIVE discount  ;D

Sarah
Sarah

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2005, 03:04:27 pm »
My largest house takes 7 hours 2 hours outside wfp 5 hours inside all lead glass

AuRavelling79

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2005, 09:12:08 pm »
one like me mummys £12.50?

Malc,

Hope she gets a MASSIVE discount  ;D

Sarah

Me:- "Look Mum, giz a cuppa and a biscuit, I ain't chargin' you."

Mum:- "I always pay my way - it's your livelihood!"

Me:- (respectfully ;D) "shuttup mum."

Mum:- "right! I'll give it to the girls (my kids) as pocket money!"

Me:- "You spoil'em Mum!"

Mum: "And why shouldn't I? They're my grandchildren."

Me:- "OK OK"

etc etc etc
It's a game of three halves!

jhagger

easy clean!
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2005, 09:39:09 pm »
soory but moving over from the topic for a moment, but always wondered about pricing for insides and normaly charge the same as outs. so if this big leaded house only takes 2hours out and 5 in,  how do u charge 2.5 times the external cost.my customers would have a fit!!

Londoner

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2005, 08:16:10 am »
There's "glass" time and then theres time wasted with all the mucking about that goes with it.
Just as a question to throw out to the rest of the forum.
What % of your day is spent actually cleaning windows? What % is spent looking for parking, climbing over gates, lugging gear around etc etc etc

In the old days our local window cleaner used to go round the streets with his gear on a sidecar attached to his pedal bike. I'll bet he got more houses done in a day than we would today, in those days he would pull up and park his bike slap bang outside the house.
Today you wouldn't find a parking space anywhere in the road.
( And in those days my mum always left his money under the mat - I think most people did )

UBA1

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2005, 05:57:54 pm »
Standard 3 bed semi, 6 mins trad. Bout the same WFP.

You know me, i can PROVE it, need i go there again? ! ? !