Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Question for Matt
« on: October 10, 2005, 08:28:08 pm »
The powerpack from Argos; Is it waterproof, Matt?  Or does that matter?
just wondered.

Thanks Pj

matt

Re: Question for Matt
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005, 09:14:05 pm »
ive used it in the rain and its got soaked with water with me cleaning

i would say YES its ok

though dont use it underwater in the pool ;)

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 09:41:10 pm »
Thanks for reply matt.
Good site, nice of you to be bothered.

Pj

Chris Cottrell

Re:Another Question for Matt
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 10:07:39 pm »
Another Question for you Matt

I can't find the pump box on cleantec is it something you have to ask them for or did you buy pump & controller and put them together yourself

matt

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005, 10:19:55 pm »
they used to list them, but when they updated the site, they stopped

just phone them, tell them you saw it on my site and they will sort you out :)

you can build it cheaper, i didnt, as it was just plug and go (so to speak) since i have built my own, i really must update the site now the weather will start to mean i lose days with rain

rosskesava

Re: Question for Matt New
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2005, 12:03:55 am »
One advantage of 12 volts dc is that the battery getting wet doesn't matter really.

A car battery can pack quite a whack after the current has gone through a coil to up the voltage to make the spark for the spark plug. (It takes 2400 volts for a spark to jump 1 000th of an inch.)

At 12 volts - don't worry. 12 volts is only the same in terms of voltage as 8 Duracell batteries.

I still wouldn't touch both terminals with wet hands. My mate done it to prove a point without any harm but I wouldn't though - and didn't.

Also, years ago I saw a car that had gone of the road into the local marina about 10 minutes after the event and all the car lights were still on even though the car was underwater.

From my days on the railways I think it has something to do with it being easier for the current to go through the wires than the water to complete the circuit.

Cheers