Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Sean Dyer

Van Mounts Are Awesome
« on: May 30, 2011, 07:10:39 pm »
I went out for an hour this afternoon, i got soaked as it hasnt stopped bucketing down today, well not till i got home ! typical

However the point is i went out in the rain and on bank holiday to try my new system out and i was amazed at how easy life is to just roll out the hose and clean away

I have a few little issues to sort out, the flow without a controller is way to high, i could pressure wash the drive with it the speed its coming out :) i only did one hour / 2 houses and the drop in the water level is extreme , so thats not good

But it just makes life so easy , however you have to park in the right place and it s annoying when you get round back of a house and can t pull more hose out but im sure i will learn as i go

So if you can go van mount - DO, oh -make sure you have a bottomless pit of money too for all the stuff you keep having to buy :) Trad was so much cheaper

Tom White

Re: Van Mounts Are Awesome
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 07:14:13 pm »
A flow controller is great, and a van mount just transforms your whole way of working.

Sean Dyer

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 07:20:32 pm »
I can imagine tosh

I do like a very high flow rate , however i imagine im probably only needing maybe 2-3 litres a minute not the 5+ im getting at the minute , its splashing everywhere , however rinsing was quite quick, especially in the rain haha

LWC

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 07:24:24 pm »
Said it before, van mount is only way for regular work.

Trolley/backpack for the odd window here or there or if your stuck.

groundhog

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 07:41:24 pm »
However the point is i went out in the rain and on bank holiday to try my new system out and i was amazed at how easy life is to just roll out the hose and clean away

Nice one Sean!! Now you can see why I always advise new guys to get themselves a van mount from the start!!
 :)

Sean Dyer

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 08:19:13 pm »
I never doubted it mate

It was all a matter of funds for me, i pay an absolute fortune in insurance on my van and car, so it was waiting till i could afford to buy all that i needed and run it

But its worth it and im sure that very soon it will all pay for itself as i change to 100 % water fed

I did it as cost effectively as i could but it still wasn't cheap , wouldnt like to go to ionics or similar and pay there costs , but i can see why many do as no matter how hard you try stuff goes wrong and teething problems take a bit to iron out but nearly there now!!