Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

scud

It Lasted 6 Years
« on: April 12, 2011, 04:57:58 pm »
  My Varistream of 6 years old finally gave up today, it was one from the first ever batch made.

Working away and the flow stopped, having changed to a freshly charged battery 20 minutes earlier it baffled me, until I saw the smoke pooring out of the on/off dial!

Had an early finish and put in the digital one that has been sat waiting for its chance for the past 3 years!

H S and Son

Re: It Lasted 6 Years
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 05:51:54 pm »
Yeah, the smoke probably had something to do with it.

The joy of carrying spares. Well done.  8)

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 07:05:21 pm »
Probably just a capacitor or something that went. Open it, take some pics and post back here. Might be an easy fix. :)

scud

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 07:11:31 pm »
Probably just a capacitor or something that went. Open it, take some pics and post back here. Might be an easy fix. :)

Had it to pieces when I took the front off it to take it off the pump board.

It is the actual dial unit, this being pre-digital and the original press on/off dial switch, don't think it is repairable and I can't be bothered, it has earned its living.

Stinks like buggery too!

Tom White

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 07:12:58 pm »
Mine's gonna get pulled out and thrown at Squeaky's van,  and replaced with a brass tap if it doesn't start behaving itself!

What does the letter "U" indicate?  I've lost the ruddy instructions!  ;D

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 08:32:26 pm »
Mine's gonna get pulled out and thrown at Squeaky's van,  and replaced with a brass tap if it doesn't start behaving itself!

What does the letter "U" indicate?  I've lost the ruddy instructions!  ;D

What is the exact unit tosh, varistream, variflow etc?