Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wpclean

Adding a D I to Lengthen resin use ?
« on: March 31, 2011, 07:10:39 pm »
When your tds starts creeping up from the D I vessel, I have been told to rather than throw the resin , to connect it to another D I  with new resin !

It makes sense because the second D I vessel full of new resin is purifying water with a lower tds coming out of the first vessel with the old resin !

Slash

Re: Adding a D I to Lengthen resin use ?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 07:12:47 pm »
Yes,thats what I do and when the second one creeps up replace the first one with new resin and swap around :)

wpclean

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 07:15:20 pm »
I am wondering if it makes any difference which way round the old resin is placed . . . . . before or after the new ? :-[

DaveG

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 07:21:12 pm »
I would put old resin before new
You can't polish a turd

outdoor restore

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 07:25:08 pm »
I am wondering if it makes any difference which way round the old resin is placed . . . . . before or after the new ? :-[
Definitely old before new, then once your tds starts rising, replace resin in "old" vessel and this becomes the "new" one

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 07:40:12 pm »

;D ;D ;D

It would only be the difference between pure water or not! ;D

OLD BEFORE NEW. ;)

Panorama

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 07:44:55 pm »
I do this also but, I've put new resin in both D I s and I've produced about 200lts and it's up to 002 already, can resin go off? The reason I ask is that I've stored it in my shed all winter and I think the cold has affected it

outdoor restore

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011, 07:50:14 pm »
What is the tds after RO? after first di?
Was the bag of resin sealed? if open to the atmosphere I believe it degrades, don't know about temp

Panorama

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 08:01:38 pm »
My RO brings my tds from 450 to 30, so that's working spot on, my first Di takes it down to 2 and the second Di was taking to 000 but it's creeping up already ???

Pureclean Essex Services

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2011, 10:24:03 pm »
you can also take off the used resin vessal cover outlets and give it a good shake up,refit this brings down the tds,so you get full usage out of the resin,keep doing this until it's shot,then refill with new,Brian.

outdoor restore

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2011, 10:42:23 pm »
My RO brings my tds from 450 to 30, so that's working spot on, my first Di takes it down to 2 and the second Di was taking to 000 but it's creeping up already ???

Has the tds after first di increased from 2, if not,  your problem is only with your second vessel which would suggest it is not your resin.  You have got the inlet/outlet the right way round? and the head is screwed down properly?