Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Erithwc

wfp not sheeting on the glass ??
« on: March 29, 2011, 07:50:54 pm »
i have been wfp for about a month or two now but can't get the water to sheet on all windows i have two pencil jets on my gardiners brush would i be better off changing to fan jets or adding another two pencil jets or with the water sheet the more i clean the windows with wfp.

the windows are still coming up clean from what i can see but i just thought it was better to have the water sheeting on the glass ???

andyM

Re: wfp not sheeting on the glass ??
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 07:56:01 pm »
Some windows will sheet and some windows will bead up.
Just clean them the same way.  ;)
One of the Plebs

Lee GLS

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 08:00:26 pm »
fan jets are better on beading glass because you get a wider spray of water, but you really need to rinse on the glass.

britishwill

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 08:01:49 pm »
Not all glass will sheet. There are 2 main types of glass that people refer too. Ones Hydrophilic and ones hydrophobic. The Hydrophilic (water loving) glass will sheet easily and the other won't.

The only difference i do when working on hydrophobic glass is to make sure I really concentrate when rinsing, making sure I get just below the top rubber seal and leave none of the tiny bits of water you see that clump together just below that seal. One way I have found that does this is to disconect the hose from the pole and just use the hose as you can be so much more accurate when working on the phobic glass and can be sure of a better rinse.

So in my opinion you do not need a fan jet, but thats just me others may disagree!