Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NorthLock

bed bug machine
« on: March 15, 2011, 02:08:01 pm »
hiya everyone,

Can anyone tell me what the best machine is to get for cleaning bedbugs in matteresses

regards

charmaine

BDCS

Re: bed bug machine
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 02:17:11 pm »
bed bugs are a nightmare to get rid of and there is no machine that will clear these up - get a good pest controller and don't expect them to get it in one visit. The mattress is best put into a protect-a-bed available from killgerm. Are you sure its bed bugs ?

NorthLock

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 03:31:33 pm »
its not for my bed im getting into cleaning mattresses and just wanted some names of some good machines for this????

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 07:54:09 am »
Dry steam is the only mehod I know of that won't cause water marking.
Removing staining from a mattress is particularly difficult.

The Great One

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 09:49:49 am »
Hi

A Kirby vac works fantastic for mattresses.

As it has a beater bar along the bottom it will beat the matteress and life stuff from the mattress.

You can spray one size with a solution and the vac through the other side.

bed bugs are a different matter and need pest control.

Martin 8)

TonyW65

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 06:40:29 pm »
Martin is right about actual bed bugs, perhaps you're thinking of "dust mites" - a completely different subject.

There are a couple of high end machines on the market, one of which is a modified Kirkby. Expect to part with a couple of grand even for a second hand unit. My own experience is that the demand isnt that great.....

There are a number of "herbal" treatments, google will give up the names :)

Rick Ward

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 08:58:42 pm »
I know nothing about them... but I read an article in the Times a couple (or more) of weeks ago and it was saying how there's a huge increase in 'em -  these last couple of years, so it may be worth an investment.

Katy Radcliffe

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2011, 09:43:14 pm »
Bedbugs are on the rise many major cities around the world, particularly in hotels. Even the nicest hotels in NYC have to worry about them.

They have nothing to do with cleanliness. It's not an issue for cleaning professionals. It's an issue for pest control professionals, and they have a devil of a time dealing with them.

Nobody in the carpet/upholstery cleaning business has any business trying to sell any service or product to combat bed bugs. If you find evidence of bed bugs whilst cleaning carpet and upholstery,  you should tell the homeowner and advise them to get in an exterminator.

The only thing cleaning professionals need to worry about is avoiding picking up the bedbugs, themselves, and carrying them to the homes of clients or their own homes.

BDCS

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2011, 10:16:14 pm »
I have basic pest control knowledge and i check for bed bugs in every hotel room I stay in  - not that it is very often  :'(

Jamie Pearson

Rick Ward

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2011, 03:53:18 pm »
Out of interest how do you check for them

BDCS

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2011, 05:53:43 pm »
The bugs and their droppings can be found usually aroung the seam on the mattress but they can be anywhere. If they are there the signs are quite easy to find and even easier to take home with you. When I did my pest control courses we found cockroaches in the air conditioning vents and that was held at a hotel !

cleaner-exteriors

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2011, 11:44:26 pm »
Read an article the other week about a lady flying business class with BA from New York, she woke up to loads of bites and the bed bugs on her!
Horrible little things that are hard to get rid of.

Ricky M

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2011, 12:12:32 am »
Ozone generator is the best method, tent it off create the ozone and it will knack em good and proper !
www.ability1975.co.uk
                          www.carpetcleaninguttoxeter.co.uk  
              NCCA !? but why have non of my clients herd of them ??