Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

gto

Dead shurflow
« on: March 11, 2011, 12:51:23 pm »
I was doing a clean for a friend, when the water stopped coming out.
i thought i may have run out of water but the hose in my tank was still under water. i thought i dont have enough to finish i will come back tomorrow, so filled my tank and returned to find no water again,
changed the pipe on the input to a drop in tank one but still nothing, there is no suction, and the pump is running but very quiet.

has the daiphragm failed, i have hardly used it. at the moment i work 1 day a month and have used the pump for 6 months.
whats the chances of getting a waranty replacement.

VSP Home Care

Re: Dead shurflow
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 12:59:33 pm »
Should be but it depends who you brought it from I guess.  Are you using a controller to run the pump?

If so then I'd manually wire the pump to the battery just to check that's not at fault.  Or a better option might be to call someone like cleaningspot, they were very helpful with questions I had.  They also stock the parts you might need.

gto

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 01:01:40 pm »
im using a varistream. it seems to be running properly just very quiet, there isnt the usual whirring noise.

VSP Home Care

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 02:53:37 pm »
Give those blokes a call for advice mate, I don't want to advise you and have it burn out  ;D  If it was mine I'd re connect the pump straight to the battery and put the cut out wires back in place.  That way you isolate the pump and can test it.

Also make sure your filter is not blocked if you have one.

andyM

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 03:26:40 pm »
I agree bypass the flow controller and try the pump straight off the battery.
If you still have problems contact the supplier you got it from if its still within warranty.
One of the Plebs

mingram123

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 03:42:50 pm »
Sounds like low voltage , check your battery?.

gto

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 04:39:33 pm »
wired to the battery it now works fine, when connected to the varistream it doesnt work at all now.

i have pulled it all out of the van and will test it in the garage over the weekend.

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2011, 04:50:11 pm »
Guessing your varistream is the same age as the pump so heres what i suggest....

your connections need sorting - i had the same problem and it was the connectors. Try getting some fine sand paper on them. Failing that, cut the connectors off and twist wires together
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

andyM

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2011, 04:53:04 pm »
Guessing your varistream is the same age as the pump so heres what i suggest....

your connections need sorting - i had the same problem and it was the connectors. Try getting some fine sand paper on them. Failing that, cut the connectors off and twist wires together

Electrical connectors are rated in Amps. Make sure you use at least 5 amp rating connectors because some are only rated at 3 amps which is too low for a wfp system and can cause problems.
One of the Plebs

gto

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2011, 05:00:27 pm »
apart from the fixed wiring to the varistream, its all using the same size wiring and wires.
all i have to do is pull the spade connector off the varistream and connect them to the pump.
and i know the pump works fine on the battery alone.

gto

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2011, 06:38:26 pm »
All working again. Dont know why.
I just connected it all up in the garage on a board and it worked.

VSP Home Care

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2011, 07:23:14 pm »
All working again. Dont know why.
I just connected it all up in the garage on a board and it worked.

Well done, did you have any "spare" bits left over  ;D