Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Bob Robertson

Business Directory
« on: February 08, 2011, 05:04:56 pm »
Anyone had a call from this outfit yet? I got one today asking me if all my company details were correct, which she read out to me. Then she said I was up for my renewal and it would be £100+ for my next year.

I told her that I have never paid for a directory ever!. I was then told I apparently paid them last year. Panto time! ( Oh no I didn't).

They then start a speal on SEO which I told them I get for free. You cant  get it for free was her reply. My wife does it for me and I dont pay her was my reply so that makes it free. She hung up. ;D

Bob

http://www.ukbusinessdirectoryltd.co.uk/

M.Acorn

Re: Business Directory
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 05:09:21 pm »
Yes,they called on Friday,I just hold the phone next to the machine,they soon hang up.
What goes around comes around

derek west

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 05:16:16 pm »
Anyone had a call from this outfit yet? I got one today asking me if all my company details were correct, which she read out to me. Then she said I was up for my renewal and it would be £100+ for my next year.

I told her that I have never paid for a directory ever!. I was then told I apparently paid them last year. Panto time! ( Oh no I didn't).

They then start a speal on SEO which I told them I get for free. You cant  get it for free was her reply. My wife does it for me and I dont pay her was my reply so that makes it free. She hung up. ;D

Bob

http://www.ukbusinessdirectoryltd.co.uk/

;D

derek west

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 05:16:37 pm »
Yes,they called on Friday,I just hold the phone next to the machine,they soon hang up.
;D

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 06:13:30 pm »
I see they are based in Preston which makes a change from the usual bunch of crooks who work from the Liverpool-St Helens-Manchester line.
Be careful what answers you give over the phone because some scumbags have been known to record these calls and cut-paste the recording to make it sound like you agreed to something.

clinton

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2011, 07:58:07 pm »
We had one too last week and didnt know they were that local really in preston.

I also put the phone down too as was working.

Maybe some do sign up to the directory.

Steve. Taylor

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2011, 09:28:41 pm »
We get a lot of calls asking to speak to the business owner?

I tell them they need to call back and speak to Hoof Harted had a indian guy the other day, sure he said

Who farted i said it wasn't me so he asked again, i said i told you the first time it wasn't me ;D ;D

For some reason they hang up ;D
Steve T       All the gear but no idea!
www.leatherrepairsouthampton.co.uk

M.Acorn

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2011, 09:44:56 pm »
Also get postal European business directory thing through,don`t ever send one of those back !!
What goes around comes around