Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

chrisjohn

Airflex machine
« on: January 20, 2011, 10:34:38 am »
Im considering adding window cleaning onto my list of services

Now I was wondering would I be able to use my Airflex machine to pump water up a Water Fed Pole?

Could I use my current solution hoses to attach to the Water Fed Pole?

Would I need a different type of connector to attach my pipes to Water Fed Pole?

Any advice would be great.

Chris

Colin Day

Re: Airflex machine
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 01:08:08 pm »
 ;D

I'm assuming you're having a laugh ??? ;D

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 01:10:16 pm »
Where would you plug it in

Window Cleaners usually use a battery system. Also you will need a filter system
But I do agree equipment needs more than one use

derek west

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 01:11:55 pm »
as tina turner once sang, "streaky windows", or was that steamy,  ;D

you need a special diioniser filter type thingy / pumpy thing for pure water or summat like that.

chrisjohn

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 01:20:13 pm »
Derek

Your right, you need to use pure water which would mean buying a different machine.

Too much messing about and expense.Think I will bin that idea!!

Cheers Chris

richy27

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 02:00:42 pm »
firstly why would you want to clean windows  every tom dick and harry are doin that spend the money you would of invested doin that into generating more cc work

Colin Day

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2011, 02:18:49 pm »
You could use your machine for hard floor cleaning, unless you already do so....

wynne jones

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 02:30:03 pm »
I think I've missed the logic here on this one.

Your original post said you fancied window cleaning as an add on. But because you can't use your portable to drive the water it's suddenly not a good idea.?

How much do you think a pole is anyway? You may be shocked.

What's wrong with a ladder and a bucket or is this too low tech. for Airflex owners? ;D

Have a look in the WC section you would get a better idea from there.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

M.Acorn

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2011, 03:48:30 pm »
Yeah you need to check out Ro-mans site,not cheap for the filter system,your better off with a bucket,a mop a skrim and a blade,the only reason they use filtered water is because they don`t blade if off or skrim it,I think
What goes around comes around

clinton

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2011, 03:48:50 pm »
You can get a pump fitted in your van mate i had one done to transfer then water from  my water tank to the machine.

john sliman

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2011, 04:30:39 pm »
like mark said check out RO-MANS site as water has to go through osmosis system to purify it and you can either have that fitted in the van running the hose pipe to the system putting water directly into your pure water tank in the van or have a water butt in a shed with the system filling up the watr butt and then transfer to the van tank or into 25ltr barrels. You would then need a leisure battery and a pump and hose reel to push water up pole to brush head.  go on to www.window-tools.com and you will see pictures of the way a system is set up and rough costing to set it up and if doing diy you could source stuff and probably do it for about 900 to 1000 quid depending on what equipment you go for and peter who has the site would advise you about anything. 
john sliman

chrisjohn

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2011, 06:23:16 pm »
Mark,Clinton & John

Thanks for your sensible replies and advice.Will maybe look into at a later time when I can afford it.

Cheers Chris