Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pristine Clean

Sisal Carpet - Vomit?
« on: December 31, 2010, 10:27:53 am »
Hi Guys,

Can any of you recommend how to clean Vomit from a Sisal carpet it has been there for about 2-3 days (the Stain that it).

Any guidance appreciated

Dave
"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

Joe H

Re: Sisal Carpet - Vomit?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 11:06:55 am »
You could try the dry way - and scoop it up

or it will have to be a wet way but explain to client what may happen and why, and then get them to sign say ok for you to do the wet clean. Good chance to have a go and see for yourself what could happen.

Steve. Taylor

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 11:44:39 am »
Dave before touching it you need to explain that it is made from cactus plant fibres and any form of wet cleaning could damage it. if you get them to agree then depending on the content of the vomit will depend on the result, this method has worked for me before.

MIX I TEASPOON OF PURECLEAN WITH A PINCH OF SODIUM METABISULPHITE IN A 500ML SPRAY BOTTLE WITH HOT WATER PH AROUND 5 SPRAY BLOT SLIGHT AGITATE EXTRACT WITH HAND TOOL. THEN GET SOME KITCHEN ROLL 5 OR 6 SHEETS STAND ON IT TO PULL THE MOISTURE THROUGH HAVE A HAIRDRYER TO HAND ALSO.

You may get a slight colour change :o after drying but customer called me a week later saying it was fine now :-\

OPTION 2 WALK AWAY ;D
Steve T       All the gear but no idea!
www.leatherrepairsouthampton.co.uk

Pristine Clean

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 01:04:37 pm »
Thanks guys

I will give it a go.

thanks again
"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

Paul Redden Countryfresh

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 06:43:59 pm »
Very difficult to extract on a profiled sisal as you lose a lot of vac. Be very careful
"So basically its a big vax!"

Len Gribble

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2010, 07:59:57 pm »
Dave hiding to nothing  ;)
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

slioch

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2010, 10:15:31 pm »
Stanley knife.

ianharper

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2011, 05:46:41 am »
dave

you need to manage the customers expectations as if they think you can get it all out they are going to be disappointed when you don't.

Plus you don't want to end up owning this carpet.

Respect

Ian Harper

markpowell

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2011, 11:12:53 am »
Id walk mate ;)
Mark