Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jamie Lindsay

Re: leaving number
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2010, 06:59:10 pm »
kinda lost in this post now haha

Simon@arenaclean

Re: leaving number
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2010, 02:06:36 am »
There's a couple of points come up in this thread and I can understand some of the frustration. Being positive and pro-active in whatever you do is a bonus. When you do work for a customer they like to see a smile and know you enjoy your work. This will come across in your attitude to them and what you do, your conversation and your body language, all of which are very difficult to fake and if you try to fake it most people will see through you. So what's the point? The point is they remember you so when they want their carpet cleaned they recall you're the nice bloke who did a good job, and you left a magnet on the fridge too! Keeping in touch once in a while is ok, I do it on 3 month cycles and I make a note if there is a mention of "bedrooms in the spring" and then jog their memory with a card. To do anything on your own you need to be motivated so find something that pushes your buttons. Believe it or not if the goal is to put food on the table we have an uncanny knack to just earn enough to put food on table, motivation is great when you take action and do something for a reason as long as it is realistic. Carpet cleaning can be very rewarding in many ways but if any business is treated as a bit of cash or small time that's all it ever will be. If you're waiting for the big ideas so you can get positive and motivated you've got it the wrong way round. Get motivated, whatever floats your boat, you will then be more positive and then when you have a reason the ideas will come to you, some will work others won't and it will cost money but waiting for the ideal situation will never come and you'll be asking the same questions in 6 months because if you don't want much out of this business it's really easy to achieve.