Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

garyfindlay

Cough mixture on wool mix
« on: December 08, 2010, 07:30:10 pm »
Custy has phoned to say she has spilt covornia cough mixture on light 80/20 wool mix. Has dabbed it with soda water, but I can`t look at it until tomorrow. What spotter could be used on it?

Shaun_Ashmore

Re: Cough mixture on wool mix
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 07:51:56 pm »
If it's like Calpol usually it's sugar/protein based so with a general spoter and rinse it should work, if not it may be a colour change so then you are going down the reducer route.

Shaun

Steven Taylor

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 08:17:32 pm »
Custy has phoned to say she has spilt covornia cough mixture on light 80/20 wool mix. Has dabbed it with soda water, but I can`t look at it until tomorrow. What spotter could be used on it?

You need to try using this

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=113864.0

or Master Stain Remover from alltec works well on Calpol type stains. I have found though the older the stain the less chance of total recovery.  :-X

Joe H

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 08:21:56 pm »
Have you got MPower?

and I'm signing off for the night - site is painfully too slow.

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 08:52:44 pm »
I poured the rest of the Mpower i had over my widecreen this morning to de-ice it, did a great job! :) fat load it did on the carpets i used it on!  :-\

Steven Taylor

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 09:34:10 pm »
I poured the rest of the Mpower i had over my widecreen this morning to de-ice it, did a great job! :) fat load it did on the carpets i used it on!  :-\

What is your main product you use then now Tony?

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 10:03:19 pm »

What is your main product you use then now Tony?

Steve, I only ever bought a 5 litre bottle of Mpower to try out. Waste of money IMO.

I use mainly chemspec's enzall or powerburst. With citrus boost or chemspec enegizer as a booster when needed.

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 10:11:05 pm »
New Degreaser Plus froM Chemspec looks interesting.

Acid rinse, booster, degreaser, spotter.