Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Steve Carpenter Window Cleaning

Using screenwash to stop system from freezing
« on: November 25, 2010, 05:58:41 pm »
I have filled my wfp system up with screenwash, from the tank hose right through to the brush. In the morning I'll connect back up to the tank and flush the screenwash into a barrel ready to reuse at night. Ill leave the water running while I drive to my first job.

Does anybody else do this and have they had any problems?

Cheers

JSMC

Re: Using screenwash to stop system from freezing
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 06:03:06 pm »
hose reel n poles in garage. i need to fit valves on tank hose to pump so i can drain water from pump.

anyone blow water out from there hose at all?

formb

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 06:04:44 pm »
hose reel n poles in garage. i need to fit valves on tank hose to pump so i can drain water from pump.

anyone blow water out from there hose at all?

Yeah it does help, the reels can be a pain to defrost.

tomy jackson

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 06:21:58 pm »
not when youv got l5 on hose lock and tank ,un clip and emty hoses and heater/ pump two minets at nit in mooring plug back on and hot to pore over hose reall

SPE

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 07:28:21 pm »
I have filled my wfp system up with screenwash, from the tank hose right through to the brush. In the morning I'll connect back up to the tank and flush the screenwash into a barrel ready to reuse at night. Ill leave the water running while I drive to my first job.

Does anybody else do this and have they had any problems?

Cheers
yes ido this but with a mix of antifreeze and water in the barrel, hav'nt done it this year yet, but never needed it unless it dropped to -3 or 4 at night, probably will get some again this weekend.