Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

derek west

analine leather sofa. sk9
« on: November 12, 2010, 01:49:47 pm »
had a call from a lady in sk9, she has an analine leather 4 seater sofa that is marked, some stains and biro i think she said.

told her chance are its beyond a clean and will need a re-dye, quoted her between £500 and £900 which she was fine with.

the suit cost £10k

looking for someone who can do this type of work, must be fully qualified with experience, i refuse to recomend someone wthout these credentials,sorry,  ive never done analine and to be honest, i don't fancy it.

derek@affordablecleaners.co.uk

robert meldrum

Re: analine leather sofa. sk9
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 01:56:53 pm »
Hope you get a decent kick back Derek ..........

Andy Foster

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 03:13:18 pm »
Any photos Derek?

derek west

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 03:14:49 pm »
nope, but probably get some if i have too.

Andy Foster

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 05:24:52 pm »
No worries mate.
If you give me their number I will go and see them and see what I can do.

Cheers

Andy

Roger Koh

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 07:30:56 pm »
Here is the Aniline Leather Problem Solving Guide.

Is “marked” refers to scuff or scratch then it is the topcoating or wax effect for wax pull-up that needs to be repaired;

“Stains” has to be identified and removed using the steps in the guide as help.

“Biro” is also known as Ballpoint with its nasty ink on the wrong place can be removed completely with patience and understanding especially on absorbent leathers.

Redyeing is the last resort, but still the stains have to be removed; or else it will show through with “transparent” dye.

Aniline leathers come in various finishes and they include the following:

1] Aniline Gloss leathers are the common typical sheen leather which uses an equivalent Topcoat Aniline-79G as its topcoat.
2] Aniline Waxy Matte leathers are those that have a mellow appearance and a waxy feel to the touch which uses an equivalent Topcoat Aniline-59WM as its topcoat.
3] Aniline Natural is almost naked leathers which use an equivalent Color Fix-99 as its topcoat.
4] Aniline Wax Pull-up will lighten up when stretch uses an equivalent Wax Effect-8.6 as its fashion effect.

Since Aniline leathers is absorbent; products use inevitably will be absorbed by the fibrous leather structure; it is wise to use leather-safe (pH 3-5) products (otherwise the leather chemistry constituents may be upset and break bonds – that leads to the denaturing of the leather).

It is also recommended that the leather structure be rejuvenated to replenish its fatliquor (fat, oil and water) after cleaning; to return the leather to its suppleness.

Step by step procedure will guide you through to deliver the result beyond your imagination, with available help from here.

Roger Koh
info@leatherdoctor.org

derek west

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 08:05:32 pm »
bit far for you rodge.

Roger Koh

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2010, 08:15:39 pm »
Do you think so?

You may be surprise, I will be there to do the job; if the price is right!

While you leather enthusiasts may learn at the same time how to transform it back to "showroom" condition.

If the customer's is willing to pay 5K, than that will be an incentive for me to come and do it!

You will still have your finder's fee; isn't that nice!

Andy Foster

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2010, 08:17:31 pm »
I'll do it for £4950   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Roger Koh

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2010, 08:46:01 pm »
I will pay you 10% more as an incentive if you can do it up to "SHOWROOM" condition.

By sight, it must be a pleasant appearance to look at...reversing the cushion and it shall be closed to the original.

By hand, it has to be as soft, strong and supple as the original - leather plumps-up without the unnecessary creases and wrinkles with fullness.

By feel, the tactile feel will have to match the original hidden area (buttery, draggy, silky or waxy).

By nose, it has to be at least satisfactory to the majority of leather enthusiasts - a classical leather scent that charm.

Otherwise, if you foul it up! you buy it up!

Anyway, a realistic price will still depends on the existing condition and the predetermine end result possible.

Generally customer's is willing to pay for a third of original price...if we can appreciate the existing value to its precondition value.

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2010, 09:32:11 pm »
Hey Derek, thanks for passing on our number for the regular clean in Queen St, Kerry will ring back on Monday.

Thanks again, owe you one mate!

Paul

derek west

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2010, 10:22:32 pm »
no worries paul. brekkies are on you when we road trip the cleaning show. ;D

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2010, 10:39:35 pm »
no worries paul. brekkies are on you when we road trip the cleaning show. ;D

;D

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2010, 11:48:30 pm »
D

You may possibly find an answer on anothe f*r*m you've posted on.

Rog
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way