Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mlscontractcleaner

What a strange excuse!!
« on: October 30, 2010, 02:03:15 pm »
Went to collect from a customer already marked down as " waste of space, collect and then dump!! " last night - only £14 - 2 cleans for her flat - when her friend answered the door for her and said, " She's been to a funeral today and is too upset to pay you; you'll have to come back next week ". :o

Priceless.

The funeral in question was for a young man that grew up with my eldest and his mum had her windows done the day before; paying up even before I'd cleaned them. I'd hald expected her to say not to bother this month and I've thought nothing about it but to use the young lad's funeral as an excuse for not paying me when his mum was happy to have them done was a bit low in my opinion.

Anyway, like I say, she's a lousy payer and is on our " to be dumped " list; every street has a prat and she's it ;)
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

Londoner

Re: What a strange excuse!!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 02:40:42 pm »
Actually the weirdest excuses come from the duckers and divers. If they just came out and said "I haven't got any money " you could at least respect their honesty.

Years ago I started cleaning windows with my mate Steve. Steve was terrible, talk about you couldn't trust him with yer Granny. You couldn't trust Steve with Yer Grannie's dog!

If some housewife in those days didn't have the cash to pay he would just say "Oh well, you can pay me some other way if you want" and he meant it. And quite often they did. Steve was a legend.

kate1

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 02:43:31 pm »
 :o

andyM

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2010, 03:41:45 pm »

If some housewife in those days didn't have the cash to pay he would just say "Oh well, you can pay me some other way if you want" and he meant it. And quite often they did. Steve was a legend.

;) ;D 8)
One of the Plebs

Paul Coleman

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2010, 05:09:01 pm »
A legend in his own lunchbox.

Llaaww

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2010, 05:14:14 pm »
I was out canvassing the other day and as I came to the door I somehow had the impression that somebody was there but hiding. The door was next to a clear kitchen window. In the kitchen I could see a large backside reflected in the glass of the cooker. It was all I could do not to lol.
People are strange and if you knock on enough doors you will eventually meet "The good, The bad, The ugly", and the just plain daft.
if it is dirty it is fair game

weetot

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2010, 05:18:24 pm »
 ;D
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!

Mike #1

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2010, 07:12:32 pm »
the best excuse i have ever ever heard is can you leave the windows today as the birds have being eating the silicone from around the  edge of the windows and somebody is coming out to replace the silicone i kid you not about 10 yrs ago now LMAO

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2010, 07:19:20 pm »
the best excuse i have ever ever heard is can you leave the windows today as the birds have being eating the silicone from around the  edge of the windows and somebody is coming out to replace the silicone i kid you not about 10 yrs ago now LMAO

I've a customer where Crows have eaten ALL the silicone out of his windows! They've destroyed umpteen sets of wiper blades on his car too. He now has to cover the car's wiper blades with old socks!

Apparently, there is protein in rubber & this is why it happens. :o

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2010, 12:51:35 am »
a long standing customer of mine died the other week and his distraught wife was in with the curtains drawn a day after the funeral.(he died suddenly)

do you think i cleaned her windows?NO!have a bit of respect man!lets see how you react when something like this happens!the last thing she was thinking about was having her windows cleaned!

the only windys that moan about these things are guys with not enough work or who are tight fisted and greedy and dont like losing even a few quid here and there.

dazmond
price higher/work harder!