Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mark mann

doors charged extra?
« on: October 16, 2010, 02:23:15 pm »
hi guys

just wondering if you charge more for doors on top of windows price?

im wfp but trad and wipe down doors mostly so i dont leave a pool of water in porches. as a guding rule i aim for a pound a window and charge the door the same.

again any feedback would be great... :)
an optimist takes the tartare sauce with him when he goes fishing -

Panorama

Re: doors charged extra?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 03:06:11 pm »
Hi mark, I include it in the price I give . A simple wipe down with a damp scrim does the trick . If you think about it , the first thing the customer see's ( should they be out whilst you do the job ) is a nice clean door.

andyM

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 03:08:41 pm »
Hi mark, I include it in the price I give . A simple wipe down with a damp scrim does the trick . If you think about it , the first thing the customer see's ( should they be out whilst you do the job ) is a nice clean door.

Same as  :D
One of the Plebs

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 04:25:12 pm »
No extra charge here; a nice clean white PVC door looks good and puts you in the customer's good books; and takes seconds to do ;D
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

JSMC

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 04:59:35 pm »
do them for free takes me seconds

Richard BF

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2010, 08:12:16 pm »
we add an extra quid on per door...

Ian101

Re: doors charged extra? New
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2010, 10:03:19 am »
They will pay happily £1 for the door.

Had a customer ask me to do it this week and said "how much extra" £1 says me she didnt mind at all and was happy to pay it.

I spent 25 years selling cars and beleive me when I say the more you do for free the more they expect it as standard and whether its selling cars or window cleaning people are people are people. I NEVER EVER do anything for free as they then expect it every month ..... the only time I did do summit for free was an old dear and her daughter asked me to quickly mop and squeegee 2 large mirrors in their kitchen after I finished their windows .. no problem says me they said how much extra nowt says me .. have a nice day ........... goes next month finished the windows and knocks for payment " you havent done the mirrors yet" ... now they expect it as standard every time I go and now too late to charge them for it. I learned my lesson.  ;)

Soon to do a review of my pricing when I go WFP and will start asking whether they want their doors and garage doors doing either that or work it into the quote and say summit like "£14 and that includes all the doors and your big garage door" if they accept then happy days but if they say summitt like "HOW MUCH" I can respond by dropping to £12 but no garage door etc etc.

Only so many minutes / hours in a working day I firmly beleive if you want to have a good living with window cleaning then you must run it like a business and charge people accordingly for what you do for them ... I dont feel guilty as ALL customers have the potential to turn bad and drop you so I dont want to be their friend just to supply a good service at a fair price  :)