Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

james roffey

Shrinkers
« on: October 12, 2010, 07:39:27 pm »
Just wanted to ask if low moisture/bonnet/rotary cleaning is safe for Belgian Wiltons i did do one recently as the Envirodri sponges gave a poor result so i got the rotary out sprayed some M Power and bonnet cleaned it it improved it quite a lot, i know a lot of you guys HWE these but i have never wanted to take the chance so how safe is this method.

Geoff Jewkes

Re: Shrinkers
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 07:47:07 pm »
You should be ok as long as you don`t over do it with your pre spray. The knack is not to get the backing wet as thats what causes shrinkage. Also check that the belgian wiltons are properly gripped, best regards, Geoff

Len Gribble

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 08:04:12 pm »
It’s funny most of the carpets in my home are now BW not very happy (her words they will be replaced in 5yrs it’s been 6 but wont tell her) never had a problem TM’img them
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

slioch

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 08:10:21 pm »
As Geoff says, avoid getting the backing wet.

I do a Belgian Wilton poloprop in an Indian Restaurant every 2 months.  Its OK for curry stains of course but with all that grease it needs something to get it out.  I tried a LM encap system but it wasn't man enough for the job so ever since I used an RX20 and truckmount.  The RX20 is great for drying and with the correct technique no shrinkage.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 09:59:34 pm »
Hi Jim,

Yes of course you can LM Belgian Wiltons and HWE too.

The trouble is you are taught on these courses that they are shrinkers but in reality, provided you don't overwet they don't shrink.

Cheers

Doug

wynne jones

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 10:25:57 pm »
Doug's spot on. You would have to be really unlucky or realy clueless to shrink them. Not saying it could never happen though.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 10:35:44 pm »
Sometimes things are beyond your control, BW are supposed to be fitted with double gripper my carpet fitter friend has a letter in his van stating this from his trade organisation, so even if you check for decent fitting you can't always see what's supposed to be there.

Shaun

clinton

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2010, 08:23:10 am »
Its the first thing i check when or if i clean  bw carpet and try to hwe very lightly then buff over and turbo dry just in case :)

james roffey

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2010, 08:25:42 am »
I think if i did HWE one i would use much lower psi for a start and make lots of dry passes.
Doug you maybe right the NCCA really does use scare tactics which may or may not be the right, i suppose better safe than sorry.
I just think if it can be LM then why risk it, it would now be my first method, certainly above those god awful sponges :(  

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2010, 10:01:05 am »
But do not forget every now and then one will shrink