Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

garyj

Hairy Wool Carpet!
« on: September 26, 2010, 11:18:01 pm »
Does anyone have a machine I can borrow for 'trimming' a wool carpet or have any idea where I can get one from?

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

Re: Hairy Wool Carpet!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 08:22:41 am »
If it's a localised area say where a client has been rubbing at a stain or perhaps where a cat has been scratching then get a pair of electric hair clippers and give the carpet a "number 0".

If it's the entire carpet then "why"? Surely the carpet is designed that way or it's construction quality is so poor that even if you do "cure" the problem it'll happen again.

Rog
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

garyj

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 11:52:07 am »
It's the whole carpet, and there is a lot of it. It's a 20k carpet with a lot of thread and a lot of fuzz. Even the areas that were not Sebo'd are the same, so its not the agitation, not the solution used and not the heat used ( around 60). As the carpet dried it got worse and worse, even the stairs where a hand tool was used at well under 100psi.
Not a happy customer!

clinton

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 02:13:47 pm »
Was it like that before you started the job gary or dint you notice mate ???

garyj

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 11:41:54 pm »
Before I started it was quite flat, although the stairs and some of the traffic areas were a bit fuzzy.

Bit of a bummer after so many fantastic results.

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 04:27:11 pm »
In the dim & distant I recall the recommended temp for wool was a maximum 50, is it a woven or tufted, loop pile, etc. Piling is the only thing I can think of but without agressive agitation I stumped for the cause.

D Freel

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2010, 04:38:20 pm »
Gary

I dont suppose you are firendly with any local Servicemaster guys? If so they can get them from their HQ for a minimal hire cost

garyj

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2010, 11:10:45 pm »
Thanks for that little tip, no Service Master near me but will try and find one.

It wasn't the agitation or the heat. Have a couple of old sages racking their brains for me and one might have the answer! Will be speaking to the customer tomorrow so should know more then!

Paul Redden Countryfresh

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2010, 07:16:44 pm »
How did you get on? Did you manage to rectify trim the carpet?

Good luck Paul
"So basically its a big vax!"