Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ronnie paton

water supply problem on factory roof ..help
« on: October 13, 2010, 09:45:24 pm »
got a job to clean sklights on roof the main problem is the water supply, i would be pressure washing but the supply is on the ground 12 metres down and the fatory is 120metres long so im luking at a good 150 metres of hose to the pressure washer.

would a normal tap flow be enough to gcet water through hose?

BDCS

Re: water supply problem on factory roof ..help
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 11:03:35 pm »
yes - if its got a decent pressure

Neil kell

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 11:47:41 pm »
Get yourself a turn key and stand pipe. Theres gotta be a fire hydrand there somewhere. Fit a reducer to the standpipe and your hose onto it, with your jubillee clips then feed of that in the washer. I only use hydrant keys for my washer. This is paddy land though. Can't speak for the U.K
Bundled cleaning solutions

trevor perry

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 06:31:53 pm »
ronnie if i was you i would run the hosepipe to a wheely bin then use the pressure washer to suck from the bin this way you have a full bin of water to keep you going but if pressure washer catches up with the supply then you just stop work untill the bin fills again.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

Rob_Mac

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 07:23:17 am »
Ronnie

Just got this, been working away.

I regularly run long extensions of pressure washer hose. 160 metres last week in Leicester.

I have done this now for several years with no faults on any machines and will be going back to Leicester today to do much of the same.

There is a loss of 23psi per 100 feet of hose, so if you start out on 3000 or 4000psi there is still plenty at the business end!!!!

This is the more expensive way of doing it though, if it is only for the odd job (that you need the extra hoses for)

Any problems you can always ring me, cheers

Rob ;D

BDCS

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 07:56:57 pm »
M - he wants to run supply hose not the high pressure hose