Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

Swapping from trad to wfp

It's so much better I never want to touch a squeegee again
65.9%
27 (65.9%)
It's good but I thought it would be more beneficial
7.3%
3 (7.3%)
It good but wished I had saved my money
7.3%
3 (7.3%)
Just as easy using ladders
19.5%
8 (19.5%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Lee GLS

The big change over
« on: September 22, 2010, 10:55:16 pm »
Hoping to change to wfp but worrying a bit if it's the right thing to do, would like the opions of you guys who swapped over. I apologise if it's been covered a millions times before

Newannaive

Re: The big change over
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 11:12:29 pm »
i moved over 2week ago..

its good but hard work in a different way..

like not all windows like it..(alliminum, old wood frames etc )..

but after been on the the pole day after day its nice to do a bit of trad..

great tool to have though!!

SB Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 11:21:13 pm »
I think I may be one of the few that has never touched a squegee and probably never will, I have been wfp for a few months now and picking up custys slowly, I havent been asked to to insides and to be honest I dont think I want to.

Happy with the pole and my custys are! :)

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 11:37:39 pm »
I think I may be one of the few that has never touched a squegee and probably never will, I have been wfp for a few months now and picking up custys slowly, I havent been asked to to insides and to be honest I dont think I want to.

Hello,can you say what your average water use is on a 3 bed semi and are you confident now to walk away knowing you have done a mint job or do you accept some spotting and the odd mucky run left as par for the course?

mikecam

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 11:45:40 pm »

Thats all well and good, but my partner was approached by an old lady the other day and she asked him if he could clean the insides of her house. He told her he could and he could also do her outsides. No , she said i have a pole cleaner. How come he can't do the insides? He says he's not insured.  Also, her exteriors are all streaky.Now my mate said should he do the job for her? I told him yeah and push to get the exteriors as well, the old gal was worried that the guy has a living to make !! I've never heard anything like this before, windys who can only clean outsides with a pole? You couldn''t make it up.
 For the OP, we've never had any problems switching to WFP. Once they see the frames get cleaned down as well that usually sells them. Tell them its safer for you too, it doesn't knock pebbledash off their walls etc.. and its not to hard to persuade them. Had two cancellations blaming the pole..one said i feel the traditional method of cleaning offers a better clean, i offered to send a trad guy to him and he refused. The other said it took her windows four days to dry off last time we cleaned them, which was just after her daughter tried to get her to cancell on the basis she couldn't really afford it.

mci services

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 11:54:49 pm »

what you going to do when you are asked to do a massive job that needs insides done ??? and its worth a big bit of money, get the squeegie out and learn or you will always be behind the curve ;) I am wfp and would not for one minute disregard the trad methods for anything

Ross G

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 03:08:15 pm »

what you going to do when you are asked to do a massive job that needs insides done ??? and its worth a big bit of money, get the squeegie out and learn or you will always be behind the curve ;) I am wfp and would not for one minute disregard the trad methods for anything

END OF THREAD well said that man
 ;)

Lee GLS

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2010, 06:52:51 pm »

END OF THREAD well said that man
 ;)

Woops maybe not the end of the thread!  ;D

Londoner

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2010, 07:23:16 am »
I would say WFP is much easier and quicker but not a miracle. cure for all you window cleaning woes. Its a tool, nothing more. But I definitely take more money with it than I would without it so there is your answer.

Lee GLS

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2010, 07:43:22 am »
Is wfp less tiring than going up and down ladders, not looking for it to be loads quicker but if I got to the end of the day less tired I would be happy

Jonathan Spencer

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2010, 08:07:25 am »
I am trad and got no plans as yet to go to WFP.  The reason for this is that I have picked up loads of customers due to them not being happy with the results of WFP.  Streaks and spots after 4 cleans.  Now I am not sure if this is due to pure sloppiness on the window cleaner.

On frames.  I wipe the frames every time.  How long does it take to wipe these down so I do not understand the selling point of doing the frames with WFP.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2010, 08:28:47 am »
I changed a year ago, 1st with a trolley (horrible) now backpack (better), soon van mount.
When trad i cleaned glass only (maybe wiped some white sills off), certainly not frames, i wasn't charging enough.
I,m physically more tired (prob due to lugging 25ltr drums around) but can work longer now. My prob with finishing early was boredom. I find scrimming endless leaded windows to be very tiresome, mentally more than anything.
I would only go back to trad if there was a national ban on using the amount of water us WFPolers use.
Oh, and i earn 30-40% more per day now and sometimes even enjoy my work.

mikecam

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2010, 04:21:42 pm »
I am trad and got no plans as yet to go to WFP.  The reason for this is that I have picked up loads of customers due to them not being happy with the results of WFP.  Streaks and spots after 4 cleans.  Now I am not sure if this is due to pure sloppiness on the window cleaner.

On frames.  I wipe the frames every time.  How long does it take to wipe these down so I do not understand the selling point of doing the frames with WFP.

If you're doing the frames then you're right there is no big selling point. A lot don't though.

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2010, 10:52:20 pm »
jonathan dont be a fool!!wfp is miles better mate!

FASTER/EASIER/EARN MORE MONEY/DOES A FANTASTIC JOB!(MOST OF THE TIME!)

NO BRAINER!!

trust me pal i know!i was trad for 16 years!your missing out big time!

otherwise you might  regret it as you cant take on those bigger jobs
price higher/work harder!

mikecam

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2010, 11:51:05 pm »
wfp is miles better mate!

NO BRAINER!!

DAZ, i'm WFP and i agree with most of what you say. But how do you 'sell it' to a customer? I ask this because although in most of my experience trad cleaners only do the glass and charge extra for cleaning frames and sills, or just leave them as they are. A case of if you don't like it then lump it, and seeing as we won't harbour anyother cleaners in the area you will be lumping it !! I have also come across trad cleaners who charge very cheap, and do an excellent job frames and all and there is no way i could compete with their prices.
 How would you convert someone who has had a good trad cleaner to WFP? I think its difficult.

Jonathan Spencer

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2010, 05:14:35 am »
jonathan dont be a fool!!wfp is miles better mate!

NO BRAINER!!

otherwise you might  regret it as you cant take on those bigger jobs

I know what you are saying Daz BUT the work I have seen by the 2 lads who us it by me is awful.  Runs, streaks and spots all over the glass.  I have had a lot of people complain about it.  Maybe it is the operator, it would not surprise me if one used tap water BUT I have seen nothing to convince me.

Jonathan Spencer

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2010, 05:19:16 am »
wfp is miles better mate!

NO BRAINER!!

DAZ, i'm WFP and i agree with most of what you say. But how do you 'sell it' to a customer? I ask this because although in most of my experience trad cleaners only do the glass and charge extra for cleaning frames and sills, or just leave them as they are. A case of if you don't like it then lump it, and seeing as we won't harbour anyother cleaners in the area you will be lumping it !! I have also come across trad cleaners who charge very cheap, and do an excellent job frames and all and there is no way i could compete with their prices.
 How would you convert someone who has had a good trad cleaner to WFP? I think its difficult.

I have built my round on doing a good job with the frames.  I am not cheap for the area where I live, I just price it in from the start.  It does not take that much longer so cannot understand why trad window cleaners do it.  My reputation as a good window cleaner is fantastic around here.  In fact I have had lots of my older customers saying I am the best window cleaner they have had in 50 years.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2010, 07:40:27 am »
surely you all missed the fact that its is safer. ;) ;) ;) ;) not been said yet. :P :P :P