Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jan K

Expensive breakage advice please
« on: January 07, 2007, 03:20:58 pm »
I have just had a call from one of my Clients advising me that my stand in cleaner had broken broken an ornament worth £250. I have spoken to my cleaner and she says she knows she didn't break anything deliberately, otherwise she would have told me. i am going to approach my insurance company obviously to see where we stand.

But this is the first time one of my girls has broken anything, of value at least, and it is a bit of a grey area for me.

Any advice on how to approach this without upsetting my cleaner or my client (she is my biggest earner) would be very much appreciated

Jan
anyone with facebook can add me at this link ...  jan 'minkeedj' kindon  .... if you can be bothered lol

Liahona

Re: Expensive breakage advice please
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 04:07:22 pm »
As its such a little amount I would just pay the 250 and apologise to the client. Speak with your cleaner and just say that you think this is the best way to deal with it and that you dont hold her/him responsible. To use your insurance company on a small pay out I dont think would be worth it in the long run. Best, Dave.

julia

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 07:08:32 pm »
Hi
I have just had the same situation, but this time it is a toilet cistern lid.  My cleaner dropped a vase (which didn't break) but it hit the cistern lid and broke it in 4 places.  I have made over 50 phone calls to replace the lid only and this is a real problem the cost for the complete system is only £150 and someone quoted me £280 plus  vat and postage for the lid.  I have now managed to get it sorted out but it has taken hours of work.  I have paid for the replacement myself and will declare against my books as breakages and hopefully will be able to claim something back via the tax man.  My insurance will pay out but my excess is £250 so not worth it really.
Good luck.
Julia

clifford

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 08:19:55 pm »
hi

i wouldnt bother using the insurance company...but dont tell  her that! tell her your insurance have asked for a receipt as to the value of the ornament...or if she has no receipt tell her that they need an evaluation!

i wouldnt just hand £250 to her as the ornament could be worth a few quid somethig she picked up in a car boot...

thats my opinion but hey i dont like parting with cash...

cliff

Jan K

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 09:01:39 pm »
i somehow dont think she would have things worth that amount. her house is worth millions, but i wouldn't have any intention of just handing the cash over. my insurance excess is indeed £250, funnily enough the same amount as the thing is values at.

my cleaner is convinced that she didnt knock anything over, and i cant afford to lose my biggest client by accusing her of telling porkies.

i have been very lucky in as much i have managed to go 4 yrs without any breakages as such. but it has always been in the back of my mind that this would happen eventually. it couldnt have come at a worse time as i lost a loada clients over the last 2 months and havent been able to make them back up as my yp advertising has all gone to s**t (not their fault my mobile phone contracts error) so I havent had a live yp advert for 2 years grrrrr  >:(
anyone with facebook can add me at this link ...  jan 'minkeedj' kindon  .... if you can be bothered lol