Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian101

Pricing mistakes
« on: September 14, 2010, 09:00:09 pm »
Been doing ok lately with my pricing and messed up on two yesterday  :(

1st one was a new customer who moved into a close where I do another 6 houses ... had the house extended with a wrap around extension so quite a few windows ... didnt look close enough though as the dust was terrible so first clean was in fact a builders clean near enough but no cement thankfully only charged her a fiver on top on normal rate so no big mistake going foward as all now clean   :)

2nd mistake oldish house with geogian windows ..... they take forever so next time their all getting poled as too long by trad methods.

Live and learn  :D

tom2009

Re: Pricing mistakes
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 09:15:17 pm »
It's crazy but I'm still getting it wrong on the odd house. I'm finding though that you can't really tell until you've cleaned a couple of times. Some big pads with lots of windows have easy access and you can fly round them, whereas some smaller with tricky access are a pain and may be cheaper but there is more faffing around to get them done.

bobby p

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 09:25:55 pm »
ive only been cleaning 2 years and some of my early ones i priced wrong.the owners sort of bargained  me down and i knew no better .  these are what should have been 18 quid instead i said 12 and i feel bad everytime i do them.baywindows+conny 

i think in the springtime iv got to put it to them  or just drop them   im not sure yet how i can 

ive even started rushing these houses as quick as i can, sloppy job perhaps in the corners but the insides are filthy , rarely if ever cleaned  but a Merc on the driveway

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 09:43:50 pm »
Dont be afraid to put jobs up to there proper price!

Ive been holding back doing it for months on 2 bungalows next to each other.
so today i'd had enough of feeling bitter everytime i do them and i put the prices up and they just said "yes thats fine" makes me feel like i should have done it long ago!

i was also getting to the stage of doinf a sloppy job on them but thats not my style and goes against the grain woth me!
someone on here said ot perfect not long back on a thread...

"Dont comprimise on price or standard of quality!" that about sums it up i recon! its my new golden rule as i never want to be a two bob window cleaner, so if they want cheap work and a low price there talking to the wrong kind of w.c! and were both wasting each others time!

peace out.

bobby p

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 09:55:25 pm »
GB - how high did you put it up by ?  did you just say it was an annual increase 

i also have a few that should really be 12 quid or thereabouts but i said 9 ,(i was desperate at the time to build a round) and when i get paid they usually give me a tip ,rounding it up to 10 . 

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 10:11:17 pm »
@ ewan i was doing them for a little over a year, not 2 months!

i increased them from 5.50 to 10! one fell swoop!

im not messing about with people anymore they take my price or find a doley dinner time pub hike window cleaner
ive got about another 3 to dump or vastly up the prices for next week!  ;D once you start you cant stop lol

peace.