Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Grant Whyte

Magma Inline Heater
« on: October 02, 2010, 05:39:00 pm »
Hi

Any experience of this model, do you recommend it as an accessory with say, the Airflex Turbo?

Comments welcome thanks

handwerka

creighton foyle

Re: Magma Inline Heater
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 07:08:18 pm »
is it not made by cleansmart as an accessory for the airflex ?, i have one but have not used it yet.

Grant Whyte

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 07:11:19 pm »
Yep, they supply it but wondering what experiences others have had using one

C Phillips

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 08:25:10 pm »
Yep, a good heater,  keeps a steady heat supply, well worth the investment.

james roffey

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 10:03:25 pm »
Been thinking of getting one, i notice it said it is metal and it gets very hot, is it safe to place on a customers polyprop, as you can use it near the wand.

creighton foyle

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2010, 10:11:55 pm »
jim the one i bought goes up to 110 degrees  so i had to buy a sheath to go over my hose to protect the carpet, mine fits on the back of the machine you can buy a bar to fit retro i think, if you want a photo i can send you one if you give me your email

robert meldrum

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2010, 07:51:45 am »
A mate of mine fitted one inside an old tub type vacuum body............lets it be pulled along easily ........he chose a vavuum with all castors freely rotating to ensure it moved in all directions.

You get the best from an inline heater by adding it to the solution hose about 15-20 feet from the wand ensuring minimum heat loss.

james roffey

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2010, 09:13:36 am »
Yes that would be my choice to have it nearer the wand rather than runnning the hot water 50 ft to the wand and cooling on the way, Creighton i have seen pictures of it attached to the machine, thanks anyway though how hot do you find it at the wand.

Joe H

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2010, 11:31:12 am »
If you have to place it on the floor, make sure there is a barrier to protect carpet from the heat ie wad of towels.

james roffey

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2010, 06:06:53 pm »
Not very practical though when your pulling your wand about you will have to keep re positioning the thing on a pile of towels :P

Also how do you pick the thing up if its very hot, does not sound like it is a practical thing to use near the wand it needs to be inside some kind of heat resistant material, i would not consider buying the thing unless i could get the best out of it ie near the wand.

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2010, 07:52:55 pm »
back pack lol

Mike_Roper

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2010, 06:17:09 pm »
The outer casing doesnt get hot so no worries !
Mike

robert meldrum

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2010, 06:44:29 pm »
Not very practical though when your pulling your wand about you will have to keep re positioning the thing on a pile of towels :P

Also how do you pick the thing up if its very hot, does not sound like it is a practical thing to use near the wand it needs to be inside some kind of heat resistant material, i would not consider buying the thing unless i could get the best out of it ie near the wand.

That's why my mate installed his in a tub vac type carcass with good rollers to move it easily no contact with the carpet

garyhumphreys

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2010, 08:06:11 pm »
Been using Magma for a while and casing does not get get hot in use.