Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

justin brown

Stain Protector problems
« on: August 10, 2010, 07:46:38 am »
Hi all,

Having problems getting stain protector to work on wool carpets!! Currently using Prochems Fluoroseal (although i now have some alltecs promite water based) but i am not having much joy with the results? doing all the usual stuff first (pre vac, pre spray, hwe) then spraying on fluoroseal (carpet still damp)in a pump up sprayer exactly as i would the pre spray (not sure what tip i am using but walking at a steady rate!) once done i brush the carpet again. am i missing something? (have only done it at home a few times but the results are not great!) once dry, i threw some water on carpet in front of family members expecting it to bead but it went right through!!! looked kike a right plonker!
i am here to learn and appreciate any help

John Kelly

Re: Stain Protector problems
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 08:00:26 am »
Water will not bead up on most carpets protected. Don't get mislead by photos of it happening. If you had a really dense pile carpet and sprayed the top surface heavily then you would get beading. But on more open weaves and having brushed it in beading will not always happen. The fibres are still protected though.

justin brown

Re: Stain Protector problems
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 08:21:36 am »
thanks john, was not aware of that
i am here to learn and appreciate any help