Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

poleman

water drainage rebate
« on: August 26, 2010, 09:05:24 am »
Aim just moving to a new place with a meter and will ask my water company for a discount on my sewerage water

Does anyone eles get a discount and if so by what % as I might push for 50% as we use 4000 lts aweek to clean windows and not down the drain! 

Jack Wallace

Re: water drainage rebate
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 09:26:14 am »
will you be paying commercial rate or domestic?
I looked into this a few weeks ago and commercial is much more expensive.
as soon as you tell them you want a rebate due to using it for business you can guess what they will say and bang goes your savings.

poleman

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 11:51:12 am »
yes domestic mate and thats what i'm worried about but got to do something as last meter I was on cost me £120  :'(

dd

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 12:51:59 pm »
I get a rebate but had to install a seperate meter to measure water supplied to static system and provide water company with meter readings.

All done on domestic rate, commercial not an issue and am not aware of any difference between comercial and domestic rate in my area anyway.

poleman

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 02:26:46 pm »
cool well aim going to give them a ring in a hour or so to see what they have to say!

dd did you get a % knocked of your sewerage bill! if so what %

poleman

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 03:13:09 pm »
well that's good so far! spoke with them on the phone (wessex water) and they said its done on a case by case basis! as some houses might have swimming pools ete! so there sending out some forms for me to fill out and go from there ...

Steve CM

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010, 03:14:39 pm »
do you think they would give rebates?

mine costs £1200 a year and has done for 3 years.

Let us know how you get on

dd

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2010, 03:15:03 pm »
I get the volume of water that I use for wfp knocked of the sewerage element off the bill (works as a rebate), so it just depends how much water you use as to how much your bill is reduced.

As stated earlier I have to give meter readings so this can be calculated.

Also as I am measuring water for wfp I can accurately set this against tax bill.

poleman

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2010, 03:26:28 pm »
I get the volume of water that I use for wfp knocked of the sewerage element off the bill (works as a rebate), so it just depends how much water you use as to how much your bill is reduced.

As stated earlier I have to give meter readings so this can be calculated.

Also as I am measuring water for wfp I can accurately set this against tax bill.

do you have your meter at the waste pipe or water in pipe dd

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/theoneshow/2010/01/is-your-money-draining-away-on.shtml

not sure about your water company steve but I think some companys do back date and some dont

dd

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2010, 03:33:50 pm »
I have meter at the in pipe (was easier to install there), I know the approx. waste:pure ratio so work out from this how much to claim.

Knowing how much water I use in total (including waste) means I can set figure accurately against tax bill.

Alternately you could fit a water meter on your van set-up and measure the pure water you use that way.

poleman

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2010, 04:06:31 pm »
cool well I got a water meter from ebay some weeks back so thanks for your help mate  ;)

deeege

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2010, 04:10:53 pm »
£17 per month unmetered. tds of 028.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Dave Willis

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2010, 05:30:56 pm »
I'm with Wessex - useless pillocks.

I have installed a meter and was told I would need to apply for a form on every bill to claim a rebate. Got my first bill and called for the form, filled it out and was told I didn't have a case for a rebate because my property didn't have 100% soakaways.
Phoned them again and asked to speak to someone with a brain basically. Got hold of someone and was told I couldn't claim for at least a year until they knew how much water I was using. There is an upper limit you can claim back anyway - about £19 off your bill I believe. I currently pay over £100 per month.

poole bay

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2010, 05:39:18 pm »
same here dave but i use only 3,000 a week costs me £10.00 a week,about £120 every 3 months i filled a form out to say that comes of my bill ..

poleman

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2010, 11:53:49 pm »
£17 per month unmetered. tds of 028.

Thats just not fair lol  :'( ;D