Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Adam P

firstly:

one of the commercial properties we clean may soon want their hard floors buffed by us if we can do this for them. i've buffed floors before and floors like this so this isn't a problem, my only concern is how much to charge?

i assume people charge per square meter?

we've borred machine before so will now either have to go buy one or rent one soon so this may effect price.

do people charge more when having to move things like desks, tables etc?

secondly:

one of our schools has almost 100% of the floor as hard wood. although they haven't asked for this yet, just in case they do ask for it to be polished over the half term i'd like to be prepared. is this something someone with no experience could do? would it be safer and better to sub it out until we're experienced? if we were to buy a buffing machine could this also be used for cleaning the wood floors? is it even called polishing which would be required?

martin19842

Re: prices for hard floor cleaning, plus prices for wood polishing
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 11:13:38 pm »
hi there

the wood floors in the school, do they just want another coat of polish on the existing polish??

or depending on the state of the floor, the more drastic method is to sand and then seal, but more realistically would be strip of any sealant/polish and then the application of a polish over the top.

depending in the size of area, will dictate what kit you will need to achieve this in an effective time frame.

people do charge by metre, and also by time, depending on the circumstances.

as a matter of interest it may be better to sub out and take a commission, depending on overall sizing we may be interested in taking a look for you

regards

martin

martin19842

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 11:16:25 pm »
hi there

as a side may i make a suggestion, loose the pricing on the web. your competitors will love that info.

just an opinion

regards

martin

Adam P

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 11:21:39 pm »
it's a consideration, but customers love it too so hard to say what's best. competitors may know our prices but nothing else about us, if customers are sold on a small difference in price then they're silly

re school: they haven't asked for this yet, just want to be prepared. i think they'd just need a polish but i have absolutely no experience with this so could be very wrong. i may try and take pictures tomorrow evening and post on here

martin19842

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 08:33:46 am »
hi there

polish over polish is not the correct way to do it, even if you clean the floor thoroughly before applying the polish, the result of doing that is that the floor becomes darker and darker, and when the floor is eventually stripped, takes a whole lot longer.

re web, clients at the present time are looking to cave money, and therefore price is a determining factor.

regards

martin

Adam P

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 10:50:44 pm »
think i wont bother with the wood floor cleaning. if they want it i'll be honest and say i'll need to sub-contract so it'd be cheaper if they did it but i'm happy to organise. what are peoples prices typically for this? if anyone covers my area (guildford and surrounding towns) then please feel free to contact me as i'd be interested in joining up with you.

as for the hard floor: anyone able to give a rough idea on cost? would like to have an idea on how much it'll be before i mention it to him

also can anyone recommend a good machine to get to clean the hard floors? as we're looking into capret cleaning soon, if it's possible to get a machine that can be used for this too that would be great.

martin19842

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 11:07:40 pm »
hi there

what size are the areas ?
any furniture to be moved ?

email with the details and i can give you some figures ?

regards
martin

martin@dcscontract.co.uk

Adam P

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 11:23:10 pm »
in one of the buildings yes furniture to be moved, in the other there shouldn't be any. i'll try and take my measuring tape when next there as i honestly have no clue on sizes