Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pristine Clean

Entrance Carpet? Any ideas how to clean it?
« on: June 13, 2010, 06:55:47 pm »
Hi Guys

We have an office that has an awaful fixed entrance mat.

Ive attached a picture.

Its just need getting all the rubbish out of the plastic holes???? Any ideas... Vacuuming is not giving great results.

Dave
"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

Pristine Clean

Re: Entrance Carpet? Any ideas how to clean it?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 06:57:22 pm »
Another pic

Sorry they are not the bestof quality pictures.
"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

martin19842

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 08:22:42 pm »
hi dave

is it coir matting in between the plastic gridding ??

you should be able to lift the matting out of the well that has been created in the floor, and then be able to clean the rubbish out of the well,

depending on the type of matting, an idea might be to take it off site on a friday, pressure wash it let it dry over the weekend, and put it back on site on the monday morning.

regards

martin

Pristine Clean

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 09:33:44 pm »
Hi Martin,

Yes it is coir matting between the plastic.

Actually I ve never tried lifting it up. Stupid Me! I assumed it was fixed in place.

I will have a look tomoz.

Thanks for the helpful answer as always. See said I lacked common sense

Dave

martin19842

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 09:56:55 pm »
hi Dave,

it might be a tight fit as they generally, if its the coir coconut stuff, then i would shy away from the pressure wash idea,

i might benefit from taking it outside and giving it a tradtional bashing, to loosen up the dirt.

if you stand these vertically and thne bash them, you should have a pile of dirt on the floor when you finish

regards

martin

Pristine Clean

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 05:01:56 am »
Thanks Cheers

Dave

Andy Foster

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 06:02:05 pm »
hi Dave,

it might be a tight fit as they generally, if its the coir coconut stuff, then i would shy away from the pressure wash idea,

i might benefit from taking it outside and giving it a tradtional bashing, to loosen up the dirt.

if you stand these vertically and thne bash them, you should have a pile of dirt on the floor when you finish

regards

martin

Very good!

martin19842

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 07:09:29 pm »
Andy

that made me smile, just after putting a quote in for a new site, to be told as a result of government cutback, they will no longer need the office, and hence no cleaning.

cant win them all, but rest of the day has been productive and potentially profitable.

regards

martin

Andy Foster

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2010, 07:11:41 pm »
Good to hear you are still nice and busy Martin its been a while since we last spoke.

Speak again soon I hope.

Andy

martin19842

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2010, 07:24:24 pm »
hi andy

yes things have changed a lot over the past to years, but things are definately on the up, so thanks for that.

regards

martin