Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

roundbuilder

i use a merlin 300 gpd unit. Ppm is 350 before and 35-40 after. I go through 3 bags of resin a year and on average use 400 litres a day.

Window Washers

have you changed them embranes on that at all ?

I have a couple of 4040's tds 470+ tds after ro 9/13 resin about 2 sacks a year, use 600l a day
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Blue Frog Systems

I used 3 x 5L bags of resin last year.

That was running a 300gpd RO with double di - tds 280 before
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

formb

i use a merlin 300 gpd unit. Ppm is 350 before and 35-40 after. I go through 3 bags of resin a year and on average use 400 litres a day.

Merlin with 2 X 10" pre filters. 50 before, between 0 & 1 after.

I need to change the pre filters every month (£2 each) or I'll be changing the membranes every 1 - 2 months.

750L per day per vehicle (with occasional fill up at customers houses) X 4 Vehicles.

Until discovering Daqua I was using 1 bag per month.

Bought 6 bags from Daqua 3 months back. Still not finished first bag.  ;D

Window Washers

I need to change the pre filters every month (£2 each) or I'll be changing the membranes every 1 - 2 months.

750L per day per vehicle (with occasional fill up at customers houses) X 4 Vehicles.

I guess your not on a water meter using a merlin using 3000l a day :o
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

formb

I'm afraid you guess incorrectly.

Window Washers

really  :o, maybe looking getting a 4040 I am sure it would pay for its self within a few months

formb

really  :o, maybe looking getting a 4040 I am sure it would pay for its self within a few months

In all honesty I have seen a few posts on here about 4040s but have no idea what it is.

Thanks for that. I will investigate.

Window Washers

In all honesty I have seen a few posts on here about 4040s but have no idea what it is.

Thanks for that. I will investigate.
it is a 40 inch membrane, it makes water alot faster with less waste,

I have had 7 or was it 11 litres a minute from a 4040 pumped is truly shocking the time saving

Smudger

I use a Merlin with booster pump - 320 in  - 15 out  and just about to re-fill the di after 4 months - making 300 to 400 ltrs a day

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

dmlservices

in 295, out 004-006, but lately 010, think i will change membranes soon, as i have had nearly 5 yrs use out of them, 000 after resin , use around 10-15 ltrs resin per year, 350-500 ltrs pure water per day,
system is a ro man 300 gl, static , into a 1000ltr ibc

daz

prestige cleaners

tds in 85 out 1

resin bag has lasted me 2 1/2 yrs, still half left, only use it when i have to manually fill the tank and bypass the filters.

buy a prefilter every 3 months £20  ;D

Paul Coleman

Can't you get away with changing the pre filters less often.  I change mine 6 monthly but they are 20" ones.  I think 10" would be quarterly if like for like.  I have read that perhaps 4 monthly and 2 monthly might be a safer option so I'm surprised to see monthly quoted by you.
Or is the frequent changing  due to the high quantity of water usage?

Window Washers

Can't you get away with changing the pre filters less often.  I change mine 6 monthly but they are 20" ones.  I think 10" would be quarterly if like for like.  I have read that perhaps 4 monthly and 2 monthly might be a safer option so I'm surprised to see monthly quoted by you.
Or is the frequent changing  due to the high quantity of water usage?
Paul when I had 10ich pre filters I would change them every month, cost for 2 was about £3 I changed to 20 inch to save a little time the price went up by 10, so if they do not last 10 months min, I will change back and change monthly like before.

wintex are the cheapest plaxce to get per filters from I have found, never had a problem either

Dave Willis

I have 300gpd roman. 300in and about 10 out.
Twin DI with Tulsion resin one 25kg bag does a year easily.
500-600litres a day six days a week.

scud

in 295, out 004-006, but lately 010, think i will change membranes soon, as i have had nearly 5 yrs use out of them, 000 after resin , use around 10-15 ltrs resin per year, 350-500 ltrs pure water per day,

daz

I am the same, only in is 450ppm +, and have 200ltr ro man system that has been going nearly 6 years with a membrane change last month for the first time.

Merlins strike me as an expensive way of producing water.

Window Washers

daz

I am the same, only in is 450ppm +, and have 200ltr ro man system that has been going nearly 6 years with a membrane change last month for the first time.

thats very good going, you clearly had one they dont make anymore or they would be out of business :o

I guess you use very little water a day ?

Paul Coleman

daz

They are probably best used in an unmetered situation.  They are also better in situations where quantity is more important than purity.
I will probably switch away from it at some point but at the moment it's fine.  As a sole trader my water usage isn't overly high.  If I ever decided to expand the business (and therefore use a lot more water) would be the time to make a change I feel.