Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NorthLock

tender site visit
« on: January 13, 2011, 01:58:16 pm »
Hi everyone,

was just wondering if anyone with the experience can help me? im doing my 1st ever tender site visit and have just been told to bring along a cleaning spec which isnt the problem......the problem is with this being my 1st time I really dont want to look silly so can any of you guys give me any direction on what i should be looking at or doing when I first get there? im there tomorrow at 1pm so would be very grateful for any advise?

cheers

NorthLock

Paolo

Re: tender site visit
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 04:58:23 pm »
If it is a tender, they should be supplying the spec or each company could be quoting for a different level of service.

Denise l

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 05:15:11 pm »
I usually take my digital camera so I can recal lwhat I see as I walk around. Depends on what type of tender you are doing. If its a big one, they should have given you the information about what needs cleaning on their spec, I expect thats what they need you to bring. Other than that you dont need anything except your pen & pad as the know who you are having invited you to tender. Just make sure you get the correct details to send the tender to whoever and by which date it has to be in. Usually in a plain envelope with no markings of who you are and I always hand deliver mine and ask for a receipt. Good Luck.

Denise

NorthLock

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 07:46:47 pm »
THANKS FOR THAT ADVISE, WILL DEFO TAKE ME CAMERA AGAIN THANK YOU.

darrenk

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2011, 05:59:03 pm »
Hi
just a few things you may want to ask your client ,see if you can get there budget info? or how may are in for the tender as it may be just a few of you, also give these some thought  ;)

1)ask about any retainers ?

2)do they have a full spec?

3)amount of plb needed as your policy may not cover

4)terms of payment (could be 120 days!!!)

Regards
Darren Kingsnorth
AOC