Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave Willis

Who doesn't like fan jets?
« on: May 02, 2010, 07:43:15 am »
Why not?

Some love them, some hate them. I've never tried them - should I?

clean

Re: Who doesn't like fan jets?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 07:51:52 am »
I tried them a few years ago and wasn`t much for them i don`t hate them but i much prefer pencil i think in my opinion you get too much over spray

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 08:34:00 am »
As above. Overspray on to stonework splashes brick dust on to window. I have fan jet in my tool box but dont expect to ever use them.

Rob_Mac

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 08:39:29 am »
I've used fans for about five years but ours have all been converted from carpet cleaning hand tool sprayers.

I'm interested to know where the fan sprays sit in relation to the brush edge because mine don't overspray. They are on the very edge of the brush, just above the bristles.

Where are the fan sprays fitted on a bought set up??

Rob ;D

Rob_Mac

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 08:50:35 am »
I've just been on the Tuckers website because I knew that there set ups have fan sprays. Ever likely there is overspray. There must be 6 inches between the brush and the fan spray.

Are the English suppliers set ups the same.??

Rob ;D

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 08:55:54 am »
i just fitted mine where the pencil jets went -  brush centre line and approx 2 inches from each end

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Slash

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 09:40:40 am »
I use fan jets all the time and think they are far more superior than pencil ones,as for over spray it's all down to control of the pole,you will get over spray if your pi$$ed doing a job ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 10:34:49 am »
Why not?

Some love them, some hate them. I've never tried them - should I?

No harm in trying them.

I've tried 2 types of fans, first ones were cleantech's, which were supplied about six years ago. The spray was a fine mist & went everywhere!!!

The second were also cleantech but supplied about 2 years ago. These were much better, a fatter, more controllable spray & I think these would suit more users.

For me though, because of my method, which is necessary for much of my work (not cleaning top frame) it's pecils all the way, 2mm ones. Very controllable with no over-spray etc.etc.

So, pecils for me but I can see why some users might prefer fans. ;)

williamx

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2010, 10:57:41 am »
I'm a fan of the fan :)

AuRavelling79

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2010, 11:51:01 am »
i just fitted mine where the pencil jets went -  brush centre line and approx 2 inches from each end

Darran

Best place for them.

Never have your jets above the bristles! Madness!
It's a game of three halves!

groundhog

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2010, 12:09:50 pm »
I like fan jets, the only problem I found was that they tend to get blocked very easily. Therefore I went back to pencil jets!!  :)

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2010, 12:29:32 pm »
I like fan jets, the only problem I found was that they tend to get blocked very easily. Therefore I went back to pencil jets!!  :)

Yep, agree with that too. I do remember them getting blocked often!

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2010, 03:22:05 pm »

Darran

Best place for them.

Never have your jets above the bristles! Madness!

I would agree never have them above the bristles, but I prefer them just under the top row of bristles, and one in the middle of each side of the brush.  The reason just under the top row of bristles is so that when you run the brush along the top of the glass, the brush is wetting the top of the glass.  When the jets are in the middle then to wet the top of the glass the brush has to be on the frame.  Not a problem until you want to wet the top of the frame, then the brush has to be lifted off the glass to angle the water onto the top of the frame. 

Peter

Smudger

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2010, 03:25:30 pm »
yes Peter, i can see that positioning the jets just under the top row would be even better

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

bad trippy

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2010, 03:42:17 pm »
Fan jets are great for TFR as they really froth the TFR up
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning