Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tom Gower

Herorin Cleanup Advise
« on: April 21, 2010, 04:47:18 pm »
Hi all,

We have been asked to do a needle cleanup at a flat which used to be lived in by addicts.

The clinicle waste is not a concern as we are licenced however I would not have a clue how to price it and urgently need help in doing so.

Also any advise on handleing the needles would be great :-\

jamie stevenson

Re: Herorin Cleanup Advise
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 08:52:19 pm »
hi tom, u will need a sharps container which u can seal when full and that would have to go to be incinarated and i think u would have to have transfer notes saying where it came from, your componys name and where incinerated these u have to keep as record also u would need some needle picking gloves which are non penatruble on the fingers hope this helps.

jamie

BDCS

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 10:55:46 pm »
I think that because you are asking you need to at least take someone who knows what they are doing but really you need to seek training. You need to be fully insured because if you miss one and get sued ---------. You need hep b jabs and as above ppe but training will teach you the correct method - I use pliers as I personally don't like litter pickers. You also need a sanitiser (429 or the like). You need a full RA and MS, know where to look and of course know how to charge considering the risks. You will also need a paper trail to show waste disposal route

Oneills onb

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 07:45:36 pm »
HI,

We do alot of work with housing companys u will need a sharps container which come in different sizes but these cost around £10-15 per month just for the boxes, we can charge up to £15.00 per needle so :o :o, You will need the right gloves to do this kind of work these cost around £35.00

Defo worth doing this if you get in with the right companys ;D

The Great One

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 07:57:04 pm »
Hi

Never use hands even with gloves on, use a pair of kitchen tongs rather than litter pickers.

Watch out for booby traps (light switch) and any dead air spaces where needles can be hidden, ppe is a must plus the transfer notes.

Price up at 60 quid per man per hour.

Regards

Martin 8)

lesterM

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 07:50:59 pm »
We use special needle lifters as well as gloves.  Small containers taken as near to the needle as possible.   Personally I like to rip the silly non return thing out as they  can be a hazard themselves. but then we burn seal them in situ.   And also do a sweep with a forensic metal detector. Poke between floorboards with a long knife You can reckon  on as many hidden as visible.
Only use the yellow containers. The black ones given out to druggies for personal use are far better but not intended for cleanups.
As Martin says ..watch out for booby traps.   My training dates back to  60s military service  and it sad to say that some of the tricks must be done by ex squaddies or people that have read up on urban warfare. A favourite on is to force the tip of the needle horizontally through the body just where you thinks its safe to grasp. Another is too stick them under tables or on door frames with chewing gum.
Look in the cistern and the traps under the sinks ( practically guaranteed to find one there)  Kids will have poked them in plug sockets along with matchstick ,. hairgrips and bits of chewed up action mans ---beleive me.

Yes and paperwork , paperwork.   

Never ever work with less than two other people.- be prepared ... what can seem to be a normal house clearance can easily be part of the battleground of a drugs war.   Or persons of a demented nature may try to move back in when you open up.

But seek training- hard to find but often easier to do some research and chat with the relevant professionals.
No Job Too Odd.
Dont Panic - let us do it for you.
Pure dealers since 1746