Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pyrrhic victory
« on: August 14, 2005, 07:48:02 pm »
A "Pyrrhic victory" as many will know is when you win the battle but sustain greater losses than those defeated.  So, no victory at all!
Clarify?  I may prove all you challengers wrong on the issues I raise, but then I'd be the only one left on this forum to talk to...

A "Barrack room lawyer" as many will know is a 'forces' expression for someone who irritatingly appears to be an authority on just about every subject raised.  Bombastic!  I think, they were called.
Clarify?  Some people are more interested in proving themselves right, long after everyone else is bored stiff by their opinion.  "Well done you've proved yourself right." "But we all know you are wrong, but you'll never grasp that, because you are always right!!"

I would like to remain on this "forum", with your permission, and look forward with renewed optimism, to an exchange of ideas and experience with my equals.

One more quote: "God spare me from my friends, for I know who my enemies are!"
Clarify?  Sorry no clarification.. just watch your backs!

This thread will make sense to some, I'm sure. (I know I get a bit cryptic at times)Back to a new week of windowcleaning, and shared knowledge.  May the weather be fair to you, and your palms be crossed with silver, if not gold!!

Pj

Re: Pyrrhic victory
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2005, 08:05:55 pm »
PJ; my cat, Warren, can say Pyrrhic, but not Victory ;)

The Bear

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2005, 08:08:37 pm »
A "Pyrrhic victory" as many will know is when you win the battle but sustain greater losses than those defeated.  So, no victory at all!
Clarify?  I may prove all you challengers wrong on the issues I raise, but then I'd be the only one left on this forum to talk to...

A "Barrack room lawyer" as many will know is a 'forces' expression for someone who irritatingly appears to be an authority on just about every subject raised.  Bombastic!  I think, they were called.
Clarify?  Some people are more interested in proving themselves right, long after everyone else is bored stiff by their opinion.  "Well done you've proved yourself right." "But we all know you are wrong, but you'll never grasp that, because you are always right!!"

I would like to remain on this "forum", with your permission, and look forward with renewed optimism, to an exchange of ideas and experience with my equals.

One more quote: "God spare me from my friends, for I know who my enemies are!"
Clarify?  Sorry no clarification.. just watch your backs!

This thread will make sense to some, I'm sure. (I know I get a bit cryptic at times)Back to a new week of windowcleaning, and shared knowledge.  May the weather be fair to you, and your palms be crossed with silver, if not gold!!

Pj

Iv'e been away, did someone upset you?

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2005, 09:41:35 pm »
Or, like the other half, are you now watching Zorro!!!
Bloke wears silly mask, bloke hurts people with sword. End.
Like Titanic... Bloke falls in love, ship sinks. End.

I'm sure it's all rather fun though. ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2005, 10:17:08 pm »
From Pyrrhic victory to Parthian Shot by Graham Gould! ;D
It's a game of three halves!

rosskesava

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2005, 11:50:46 pm »
I've also been away?

Have I missed a good old verbal war?

What is Thecleanerservice on about?

Also, what is everyone else on about too?

Cheers

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2005, 11:55:16 pm »
Ross, I haven't missed anything and I still don't know what's going on most of the time.

It's been amusing on the weekend though. :)

rosskesava

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2005, 12:22:40 am »
Hi Squeaky Clean

Any topic has more than 2 postings by Graham ends up muddled especially when he's being polite.  ;D

Maybe it's like a cryptic clues for the crossword in the Times?

Ian_Giles

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2005, 06:09:57 am »
People; As much as I enjoyed reading this post and it's rather odd replies, it's no more than meaningless chatter, and as such I'll freeze it.
Sorry thecleanerservice, I guess you at least deserve to express your frustration, but posts do have to have some relevance to window cleaning!

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES