Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

maintenace programs
« on: April 24, 2010, 08:12:03 pm »

How do carpet maintenace programs work?  Monthly fees?  Free call outs to spot stains? free cleans etc.
How do you work out the monthly costing?
I know fasttrackers use it. At least you know how much you have coming in, as a bottom line figure each month, and that the customers will stay when you. But I wondered how it all worked.

adimarsh

Re: maintenace programs
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 09:19:54 pm »
The answer to your question is.......yes, all of the above.

PM me if you want more.

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 09:25:12 pm »
He'll have a job Adi - there's no PM facility on this forum  ???

derek west

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 09:28:11 pm »
heres what you do.
work out how much it is to clean all the carpets in the house, then double it, add £50 then x it by 2 for protecter, add in 12 call outs at around £50 a pop, then take away the first number you thought of, (make sure that number was zero) then divide by 12 to work out there monthly standing order and hey presto, your rich  ;D

Steve Weatherley

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 09:35:31 pm »
Not sure they really work anyway. A tiny percentage of customers wil be interested in these kind of programs and those that do will go along with it for a few cleans then find some excuse to cancel.

adimarsh

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 09:40:08 pm »
Just making sure you're paying attention Steve :-* No probs, I'll contact him.

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2010, 11:14:29 pm »
The answer to your question is.......yes, all of the above.

PM me if you want more.
I would Adi, but you have not filled in your profile. ::)

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2010, 11:16:31 pm »
heres what you do.
work out how much it is to clean all the carpets in the house, then double it, add £50 then x it by 2 for protecter, add in 12 call outs at around £50 a pop, then take away the first number you thought of, (make sure that number was zero) then divide by 12 to work out there monthly standing order and hey presto, your rich  ;D
Thats a big amount. Some People pay that ;D?

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2010, 11:40:07 pm »
The Guys who sell these programs have been trained to sell carpet cleaning at 60p a square foot

Plus say 30p square foot for Promite

So on a Upmarket house with 1000square feet of carpet tobe clean sanitised and protected you are looking at a Total charge of  £900

SO You Charge customer £450 plus 12 monthly payments of £75

At Six months you return to do traffic lanes at no cost

You do any spot and stain work for free
If you have 20 people on these contracts you will have a regular £1500 going into your account and you Bank Manager will be pleased.

If by the time you sell up you have 200 Full Houses on Contract you will have a substantional asset to sell

Barry Livingstone

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2010, 12:23:06 am »
If it were only that easy!!! Plus am a Sq m guy :'( :'( ::) ::) ::) ::)
Carpet, Upholstery cleaning & hard floor cleaning.
                     Fife, perth and tayside.

Joe H

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2010, 02:50:20 am »
He'll have a job Adi - there's no PM facility on this forum  ???

There is Steve - for those who choose it as an option.

With Steve-w it is the image to the right of the world image below his name

adimarsh

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2010, 10:56:21 am »
Steve-w

Sorry not got back to you. Went for a browse on the Alltec forum and ended up with every virus/malware/tracker/keystroke logger etc you can think of. Had to digg out the lap top. Any way, tried your email via the forum but the lap top doesn't want to play. If you send your phone number to adimarsh@go-plus.net (cant get on my business email) I'll give you a call.

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2010, 06:52:22 pm »
Steve-w

Sorry not got back to you. Went for a browse on the Alltec forum and ended up with every virus/malware/tracker/keystroke logger etc you can think of. Had to digg out the lap top. Any way, tried your email via the forum but the lap top doesn't want to play. If you send your phone number to adimarsh@go-plus.net (cant get on my business email) I'll give you a call.

Thanks Adi, I will do that.

Carpet Dawg

Re: maintenace programs New
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2010, 06:53:42 pm »
OK fess up peeps!

Does anyone run a "maintance program" to residential cooostmers??

Personaly, i dont think it would work unless your lucky enough to live near film stars and other rich beyond thier wildest dreams kinda people...

Ian Gourlay

Re: maintenace programs New
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2010, 07:50:22 pm »
After 12 Months you get to holding money in advance for customers.

I am concerned for the Consumer if The Carpet Cleaner stops trading

Just Checking to see if you are awake as I posted the First Bit many hours ago.
NO.
After 12 Months you clean all the Carpets again, customer does not pay you £450 as they have been paying you £75 a month which means they have only paid you the origional £900 by month 12.
So if you clean whole house at month 12 you could have a potential problem at month 3 if customer cancels. Direct Debit
As you would have only been paid £225 for the work
You then left with a problem as customer owes you. It needs to be made clear at month 12 to the customer that although you are doing the work and they are paying  over 12 months .They owe you £900