Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Sean Dyer

cscs card
« on: March 29, 2010, 02:00:34 pm »
anyone done it ??

where  did you get the information to revise for the test , is it hard, what kind of questions you get asked?

doing it this week so need to study it up quick!

WCE

Re: cscs card
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 02:06:48 pm »
There is a book with the questions and answers in it available from them (if you have ever seen the driving theory test books they are laid out the same.

The test IMO is easy. It is just common sense mainly. The only section that was slightly difficult is they ask qustions on fire extinguishers and there types and uses. You need to know what each symbol means as in which type of fire the extinguisher is meant for etc. Apart from that though it is really just common sense (or it was when I did it a few years ago!)

The book is available here - http://www.healthsafetytest.co.uk/index.php?option=com_facileforms&Itemid=550&gclid=CLKMrIWD3qACFQUulAod0SkyEw   costs £17.00 and takes 3 days to arrive. TBH I doubt you would need it but I would take a look on the net at those fire extinguisher symbols!
WCE- For Windows that shine everytime!

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 03:00:22 pm »
 You  can also get the test on disc , we did this and all our employees did the test over and over ,and guess what most of the questions come up on the real test. ;D
Spit and polish

mci services

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 03:03:53 pm »
i did a few months back and never revised and still passed. my worker had the disc and failed ::)

cleewindows

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 05:22:58 pm »
where do you take the testr,how much does it cost and does it cover you for other trades?
i did a few months back and never revised and still passed. my worker had the disc and failed ::)

mci services

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 05:53:22 pm »
where do you take the testr,how much does it cost and does it cover you for other trades?

http://www.cscs.uk.com/RunScript.asp?p=ASP\Pg0.asp

all the info is here. i sat my test in stirling so that wont be much good to you. you can have more than one trade. window cleaning isnt listed as a trade so you need either general operative or builders cleaner

mci services

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 06:01:02 pm »
that link doesnt work just google cscs

cleewindows

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 06:07:02 pm »
i also do a full time job but travel a fair way and see a lot of jobs around me for site engineers requireing a safety passport which i presume this is?

ronnie paton

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2010, 08:22:20 pm »
easy passed with out revising sean all though i thought i wouldnt, alot of the question kind of have no meaning to us window cleaners.

chopsie

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2010, 08:54:05 pm »
cscs test is an absolute doddle,I have done it 3 times over the years,revised first one,then did not bother other times(apart from slinger signaller section on my last test).I would guess a random person with an ounce of sense could walk in off the street and pass it.

Cleewindows, safety passport is a 2 day course (boring as hell!!).  safety passport is generally only asked for at chemical or petrolium type plants,like bp
chopsie

WCE

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2010, 09:07:19 pm »
cscs test is an absolute doddle,I have done it 3 times over the years,revised first one,then did not bother other times(apart from slinger signaller section on my last test).I would guess a random person with an ounce of sense could walk in off the street and pass it.

Cleewindows, safety passport is a 2 day course (boring as hell!!).  safety passport is generally only asked for at chemical or petrolium type plants,like bp

How come you've done it 3 times as it is valid for 5 years?
WCE- For Windows that shine everytime!

chopsie

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2010, 09:10:57 pm »
because i worked in construction for around 10 years,but took my first one 6 ish years ago,then of course had to renew,then did a slinger signaller course that required taking the cscs test with that element in, my first ones had working at height element in
chopsie