Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Missy dusty

Any sole trader do agency cleans.
« on: March 17, 2010, 09:15:29 pm »
 Evening peeps,I want to take on some extra cleaning work,but nothing thats going to be a permant weekly clean ,I was wondering as a sole trader would I be able to sign  up with a letting agency and do one off cleans or is it only cleaning companies they deal with ,any ideas?

BDCS

Re: Any sole trader do agency cleans.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 10:42:58 pm »
I do allsorts for letting agencys - why would they care ? they just want the work done quickly, cheaply and with little hassle to them

Bartosz

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 03:08:39 pm »
What about VAT? BDCS? R U VAT register?

Missy dusty

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 07:31:32 pm »
No :-\

The Great One

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 08:03:02 pm »
I do allsorts for letting agencys - why would they care ? they just want the work done quickly, cheaply and with little hassle to them

Agree totally with this.

I'm a sole trader and 95% of my business is LA's.  If you're VAT registered just add it on, they are a business and understand that (I am not personally, don't earn that much yet)

Regards

Martin 8)

BDCS

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 09:39:07 pm »
I'm not VAT registered and I work for some big companys and also letting agents. I've never found it to be any problem not being registered although some people on here think otherwise. It makes you cheaper when quoting on domestic work although you have to pay the vat on kit and materials. I can't be bothered with the grief and my accountant has never said I should register, it would made life complicated as we also run a bouncy castle business and we would have to carve the thing into two. I also think the threshold is quite generous for a one man band and his long haired general ;D ;D

Adam P

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2010, 12:21:01 am »
how did you guys end up working with the LA's? i went into 6 recently and all seemed interested but i'm wondering if it will really turn into much as they obviously use other companies already.

BDCS

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2010, 01:12:26 pm »
You need to explain to them just why it would be better to use you and not the others but price is quite a factor

cml

Re: Any sole trader do agency cleans. New
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2010, 07:46:05 pm »
Hi Dusty some letting agents like to deal with small companies because of their personal and flexible services but in most cases it would be because of the price.  An advantage for a small company Sole Trader or otherwise is that they can be flexible on price.  So just go for it!

However I do note that you did not want anything permanent  and lettings agents when busy will be very ad hoc and quick turnarounds so you might find yourself being committed to deadlines.  I just thought I'd mention this because you appear not to want to commit or you might have other things going on.  Generally a number of letting agents like companies that are  consistent.  Nonetheless there is nothing wrong with negotiating times that maybe suitable for you but i'm guessing  you don't only want to be called once in a blue moon when they can't get their preferred contractor to do it.  Especially if you really want to earn a living out of this type of works.