Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

C-N-C

Merlin ro tds high
« on: March 22, 2010, 06:26:08 pm »
Hiya guys .....
Gunna make this short...as im moving home ;)
Im having trouble with merlin!!! water coming out has risen to 50 tds....it was always 27-30 odd.
Iv just changed membrains & postfilter,not long ago....things were working fine for a while,
But checked ppm couple days ago & it has creeped up to 50,i had a couple leaks in two membrain housing,but fixed now with plumb tape ;D
still a lil bit of a drip from drain outlet on merlin........dont think that should be the problem?
I have used merlin with oil filled radiator close to it in when we had them cold days.....
I was thinking my water feed pipes run outside(lagged) underground,i just ,hope maybee a bit ice entred membrain? or the heater to close hasnt broke system.....
Any ideas will be much appreciated,
As you can understand i NEED to keep making water & this will use loads resin :'(
I have a booster pump so my psi is 70
and my water is Very hard water  532ppm....... :o
and coming from merlin is 50 ppm...

Any help will save me money i hope ;D

Thank you guys
take care
Justin
www.clean-n-clearwindows.co.uk

The Jester of Wibbly

Re: Merlin ro tds high
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 07:20:45 pm »
I had same problem, merlin was chucking out at 90.  Turned out the membrains were faulty, sent them back for new ones, and problem solved.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 07:31:34 pm »
i dont like the sound of leaking membranes - surely this would affect tds  ???

have you tried replacing the seals.

and you have not mentioned changing the pre filter - did mine last week and made a small difference to tds but huge change in flow rate

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 08:08:26 pm »
also, just noticed your high TDS of your tap water.

520 is very high, and melins will reduce water by 90%, so a tds of 50 is about right for you level
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

C-N-C

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 09:15:29 pm »
i dont like the sound of leaking membranes - surely this would affect tds  ???

have you tried replacing the seals.

and you have not mentioned changing the pre filter - did mine last week and made a small difference to tds but huge change in flow rate

Darran
Hiya guy's....thanks for ya posts fella's ;)
I have changed pre-filter darran mate,
Was the membrain housing wot was leaking mate,prob needed new o ring seal,but used thread tape & it stopped dripping....so no leaks in membrain department,unles its inside merlin?or do you think o rings on membrain itsself could be leaking a bit?contaminating water?????

also, just noticed your high TDS of your tap water.

520 is very high, and melins will reduce water by 90%, so a tds of 50 is about right for you level
Its normaly a lot lower than that Hermski mate....50ppm was the tds when i bought new membrains as i thought old ones were used up,i had them 3 years until it rose to 50ppm, i put new ones in it was 27-30 (ish)a couple of months ago....
I know 30 (ish) to 50 isnt much diffrence,but,i spend a fortune on resin man.....
Good work on working % ov ppm man ;)
In the process of paying for a RO to be built of my local chemical factory for hard water areas.....nice ov them to help me out...just need to keep this merlin workin till new system ready....
Bin told of loads of folk now....merlin not for hard water areas ::)
Well thank you Hermski & Smudger,BIG UP YOU GUYS...... ;)

Take care & kind regards

Justin :)