Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian101

Removing black mould off white sealant on shower base
« on: May 01, 2010, 05:56:21 pm »
Need some help please ... normally just post on window cleaning section ... can anyone sugest a product that removes the black mould from the white mastic on shower bases ... if possible something i can get from the supermarket or failing that anything u can suggest will do ... thanks Ian

The Great One

Re: Removing black mould off white sealant on shower base
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 06:19:42 pm »
Hi Ian

Detol Mould & Mildew remover, £2.49 at tesco at the moment, or for a pack of 6 you can get from a local janitorial supplier at £1.73 + VAT each.

Spray on and leave for 1/2 an hour ans maybe need to spray again, works very, very well and I do this at least 5-10 times a month.

Regards

Martin 8)

Ian101

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 07:51:23 am »
Thanks Martin !!!

sherco

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 10:01:02 am »
1 would remove it and replace it with Bal Microseal silicone...Topps Tiles sell this, i always use this when doing any sealing in shower areas...Also try and leave the shower door open after showering to help it dry, or a quick wipe around will stop mould.
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk

CWCS

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 02:20:34 pm »
Need some help please ... normally just post on window cleaning section ... can anyone sugest a product that removes the black mould from the white mastic on shower bases ... if possible something i can get from the supermarket or failing that anything u can suggest will do ... thanks Ian
  :) :)
spray neat Domestos bleach on it and leave overnite works a treat