Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

starplus

Re: Flexi-5
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 06:07:24 pm »
Maybe I will get one of themthis week

CarPete Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 06:31:50 pm »
Yes, I've got one.  I don't use it as much as I should though (lack of space on the van).  I have used it a handful of times for Dry Cleaning (VLM) and results are good (have only used it on lightly soiled carpets though).
I also use it as a pre-spray agitator for really minging carpets - does a better job than a sebo duo in this situation (mind you, it should do as it costs many times more!).
It is quite heavy for lifting on/off the van.
Best to try it if you can before you buy.
hope this helps.
Pete
Pete Callis
Affordable Quality
www.carpetecleaning.com
NCCA m2102

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 06:52:51 pm »
Hi Pete,

Thanks for that.
I've arranged to get a demo model as I really would like to put it through its paces before buying.
How is it as a pile lifter?

Simon

Steve Birch

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 07:19:11 pm »
Simon

I have a flexi-5, I would say its a semi pile lifter.Used it on a few commercial jobs pre low moisture cleaning.Its made the jobs so much easier,lots of dry soil removed.Would not be without it on commercial jobs

Have also used it for dry carpet cleaning,it did I feel a better job than my envirodri.

Regards

Steve

derek west

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 07:22:19 pm »
steve

out of the 2, envi and flex, would you say there the same at prespray adgy or is one better than the other?

Steve Birch

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 07:38:39 pm »
Derek

Not sure,I use the envirodri for aggitation alot,I use the gold brushes which I like.My flexi-5 have white brushes,can be a bit harsh on some domestics.

Do like my sebo  for vaccing,so versitile,carpets,stairs,upholstery.Did have some attachments for the flexi-5 for the vacuum,never got around to sorting them out.

Did try to see if the brushes were compatiable,but if I remember right I think the envirodri are slightly bigger

Joe H

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 08:14:13 pm »
Flexi 5 heavier (vac pod probably) so will dig a bit deeper I suppose.
Brushes same length and same v design - didnt compare diameter but look about the same.
Both have hexagonal knock out oin, but Flexi 5 pin tight in Gen4 brush holes and didnt fancy knocking them in case they got stuck.
On Off switch in better place on Gen4 but getting picky now.

I posted comments about Flexi 5 not picking up all the dry crud and dropping it on the carpet when agitating prespray. My personal mentor, John Kelly,  ;) says I may not have agitated enough and the machine was still releasing crud when agitating prespray but not vaccing,so it left it on the carpet. Must try harder.  :D

Sreve, there are other brushes available for the Flexi 5 - white are the "standard" just as they are with the Gen4