Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ringo1968

Does it take much time to build a decent round ?
« on: March 01, 2010, 05:01:41 pm »
 I live in North Herts so there must be a lot of competition out there, i was wondering how long it takes to build up a pretty goo round ? Traditional methods to begin with, funds are low, and what is the MINIMUM  amount of equipment needed to begin with (car owner) ?  Cheers.

Craig 72

Re: Does it take much time to build a decent round ?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 06:50:39 pm »
I started off with:

14" unger squeegee (I bought various lengths but only used this one)
Unger applicator
Unger bucket on a belt
4" scraper
Step ladder
Ladder
Bucket
Scrims and microfibre (about 5 of each at first but you can't have too many frankly)

To be honest that would get you started.As you begin working you will find that there are things you might need.For example ladder clamps for your roofrack aren't essential but save so much time compared to lashing them to the top with rope.Looks better too.I work water fed pole now mainly but I always felt safer using a ladder stopper on some jobs when I started.

Building up a round depends on you to be honest.If you're willing to put in the hours leafletting and door knocking then it should build quickly.Too many variables to say exactly how long it takes,like how many other cleaners there are in the area.Buying a round is the only way to a lot of immediate customers but if funds are low like you say not really an option.

sgibsoncleaning

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 08:58:35 pm »
you cantput a time limit on it. its all about leg work the more doors you knock on the more work you get. one day you may strike gold but another day another street nothing. just keep doing it

Ian Mason

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 09:05:00 pm »
Don`t forget insurances!

1 Upgrade your car insurance to business usage aswell, which will probably amount to about £30.00.

2 Public liability insurance, you can get cover for about £100.00 or less, which covers you for 1 million.

daz1977

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 10:08:34 am »
get a pole as well

ringo1968

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010, 04:23:31 pm »
Ladder
To be honest that would get you started.As you begin working you will find that there are things you might need.For example ladder clamps for your roofrack aren't essential but save so much time compared to lashing them to the top with rope.Looks better too.I work water fed pole now mainly but I always felt safer using a ladder stopper on some jobs when I started.

Building up a round depends on you to be honest.If you're willing to put in the hours leafletting and door knocking then it should build quickly.Too many variables to say exactly how long it takes,like how many other cleaners there are in the area.Buying a round is the only way to a lot of immediate customers but if funds are low like you say not really an option.

I need a ladder ? ;D ;D ;D

Premier Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2010, 09:10:09 am »
In my personal experience I work on £100 monthly business every canvassing shift:2-4 hrs.
As others have said it does depend on many different variables but this will give you a realistic guideline.
Somedays you will do much better and other days will be crap....thats just the way it goes.

Canvass weekends and evenings,they are always good for us.You will always pick business up in the day but because more people are out you may work longer...better to work smart

Just decide youre gonna do it daily and set yourself daily and weekly goals,this  helps keeps you on track when  you get distracted, like your mates coming round with the beer ;D

Good luck...its well worth the effort.In 6 months if you work hard you ll be stylin.
Commercial and Resedential Window Cleaning throughout Essex and London
Premier Cleaning Window Cleaners Essex