Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Simply Clean UK

Im Starting up and want some Hints and tips. HELP!
« on: March 15, 2010, 09:01:56 pm »
Hi All,

I am starting a new domestic house cleaning company in essex. looking for some hints and tips on the following and anything else you can think of really.

- Advertising for work.  local paper flyer drops ect.
- Staff. 
- Suppliers
- how to collect payment and pay staff?
- Managment
- offer a simple service or go the whole hog to ironing, windows, deep cleans ect
- Website do i don't i?
- Prices?

martin19842

Re: Im Starting up and want some Hints and tips. HELP!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 10:23:33 pm »
hi there

may i make a suggestion,

ring two or three of the local companies and tell them that you want a cleaner for your house, and then get them round to quote.

that will tell you about the service they provide, pricing, how they sell etc etc.

ypur local business link can provide you with loads of general business info, and indeed when you open a business bank account again they will provide you with plenty of info.

with regards to marketing, newspaper, website, and then leaflet drops, and loads of them to generate interest, every day should involve sales activity.

once you then get some interest you need to then visit potential clients to quote and sign them up, then start to do the cleaning, at that stage you then start to concentrate your marketing into the areas that you have customers, to create economies of scale.

regards

martin

Simply Clean UK

Re: Im Starting up and want some Hints and tips. HELP!
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 06:48:59 am »
some really helpfull advice. Thanks