Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Is that hearse yours?
« on: July 13, 2005, 11:24:45 pm »
Sorry I've got to ask.
Rosskesava - is that picture yours? or is it just a downlaod from somewhere?
What a useful vehicle for windowcleaners, I think we should all have a Hearse
Dead or alive!!
Pj

gaza

Re: Is that hearse yours?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2005, 08:01:02 am »
CLEANER:PLEASE DONT START ROSS OF AGAIN ;D. ITS A V32 ,OVERHEAD 112 VALVED,TURBOED,METHONAL PEOPLE CARRIER  ;D
[SORRY ROSS ITS A CRACKER OF A CAR THOUGH.]

GAZA
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

Paul Coleman

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2005, 08:57:32 am »
CLEANER:PLEASE DONT START ROSS OF AGAIN ;D. ITS A V32 ,OVERHEAD 112 VALVED,TURBOED,METHONAL PEOPLE CARRIER  ;D
[SORRY ROSS ITS A CRACKER OF A CAR THOUGH.]

GAZA

And it looks like he modelled his logo on "Ghostbusters" which is quite ironic for a hearse. ;D

rosskesava

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2005, 07:04:42 pm »
Hi  Thecleanerservice

Yup. That hearse is mine or rather ours as there is 3 of us.

It's perfect for window cleaning except for the petrol consumption which is between 15 and 20 mpg. It's also a pig to park.

And I won't go on about how good the ride is or the fact that it goes like a rocket etc etc.

Cheers

Ross

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2005, 07:10:03 pm »
Ross,

Your avatar is very small and doesn't do your vehicle justice.

Go on, for those that haven't seen it; post a picture.  It always makes me smile.

rosskesava

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2005, 07:58:01 pm »
I've couldn't find the pictures on my computer so I've scanned our latest leaflet which is A6 on 5 sheet card.

I just hope it comes out the right size.

Cheers

rosskesava

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2005, 08:00:15 pm »
Blimey. It came out much bigger than I intended.

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2005, 08:36:08 pm »
Ross,

I've seen your hearse before, but not your leaflet.

To be honest, mate, I think there's too many sexual conotations on it.  I like the 'We also do internals' on the tube, but the 'You call, We Cum', bit is a bit... what's the word? 'Thingy'.

Why use 'Cum', when 'Come' would've worked, and there'd be no sexual link?

Or is it just my filthy mind and it's all inocent?

Also, how do you find the freephone number?  I've thought about getting one, but it's rare I get a phone call that leads to me to getting a job, as they're normally spread out all over the place.

Do you think the free phone number is worth the cash?

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2005, 08:48:56 pm »

To be honest, mate, I think there's too many sexual conotations on it.  I like the 'We also do internals' on the tube, but the 'You call, We Cum', bit is a bit... what's the word? 'Thingy'.

Why use 'Cum', when 'Come' would've worked, and there'd be no sexual link?

;D I giggled like a child at that too, but thought if I said anything it would get moderated!

Roger.(not always squeaky clean)

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2005, 08:58:25 pm »
This site is just one of the things you look at on the internet isn't it Tosh? :D

rosskesava

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2005, 09:14:48 pm »
Hi Tosh

But of course it's all innocent and in the best possible taste.

We have different leaflets for different people. I would never use that one for businesses but for some people - it works wonders.

It's also very in keeping with the Brighton area where smut and conotation are normal.

There's an area of Brighton called The Lanes which is both oldie worldie and upbeat modern and trendy. Some of the names of the restaurants are erm............... smutty. There's one real flash place called Inter Course and another called Orgasmic Mastication.

Also that 'we do internals' has got us so much work. Yesterday we gave a quote which was accepted for £100 for a house that's owned by the owner of a bookshop chain called Sussex Stationers. The bloke is very very posh and noticed us because of 'we do internals'.

We also get loads of comments by people in the street, mostly women, and some by older women are sometimes x rated.

I daresay there are people who are put off by our vehicle and so on but we don't know about them because, obviously, they never phone us. But...... a lot like our approach.

Apart from that it comes down to the fact I'm just a big kid really who is an extrovert who works with 2 others who are both total extroverts.

The 0800 number is worthwhile. It cost about a £90 one off payment for the number and if anyone phones it, it goes through to our work mobile. We are charged for calls by the second and our biggest bill to date, for last month - 93 calls - was £18.92. Obvoiusly, we still pay £15 line rental to NTL.

The whole thing with having an 0800 number plastered on everything is that then you are professional as only businesses have 0800 numbers in the minds of the public. Also, it gives the impression that we are not a 5 minute wonder or cowboys.

I've thought about getting one, but it's rare I get a phone call that leads to me to getting a job, as they're normally spread out all over the place.

I thinks it's only worth while if it's advertised in some form. Our work vehicle is designed to be eye catching and is our main advertising method and most of this weeks phone calls about new business have been from people who have seen the hearse.

If you want the companies details I'll post them when I get the next bill.

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2005, 09:24:43 pm »
Ross,

Thanks for the concise reply.  All I can say is things are very much different here in Chepstow! Unfortunately.

Great vehicle and signage. 

I'm still not sold on 0800 numbers though.  I've nine messages on my answer phone that I just know won't lead to much.  I'm also one of those blokes who hates using the phone.

Not that I can't mind.  I'm a good communicator when I want to be.  I'm just lazy, after a yet another hot day in the sun.

liscannor

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2005, 06:29:44 pm »
Hey ross you are scaring all those old dears with that hearse!!but I like it!What I need is a hummer.

rosskesava

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2005, 11:42:52 pm »
Hi  liscannor

We a few older people who've said we can't park outside their houses. One wasn't even a customer but they come from a different time and a different world and as it costs nothing, we go along with it.

A hummer..........

Now just how good would that look with ladders on it all kitted out for window cleaning.

It'd have to be black with black tinted windows, sign written in gold letters with black anodised ladders, black uniforms and black sunglasses.

Yes I know I'm sad..................

I was looking at an ex fire engine a few weeks back and it was tempting.

Cheers

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2005, 12:24:37 am »
A Hummer would be great, but I'd like to see you reach on top of it for ladders. :-\

What about an old ambulance? They've usually got big meaty engines too.

If you pulled up along with Ross's hearse you could create quite a scene!

thebouncingbunny

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2005, 09:09:52 am »
loving that granny hearse!have always wanted a hearse but the girlfeind reckons she wouldnt be seen dead in it......
was really tempted to buy this

i have allways found that having a classic car is the way to go for recognition.i currently drive this.have done for seven years.instantly recognisable.have met people at vw shows who have visited my town on holiday and theyd seen me car round town!

i got a vw camper in preparation for towing my wfp trailer but am having the devils own job sorting business use out for a reasonable cost most only want to sell lesure cover.still did have one quote at £4000.which was nice....
how cool is this.i will be sad to see it go.tax exempt too....

bunny
"alas the light at the end of the tunnel is the light of an oncoming train......."