Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jmj

Pumptec pump problem
« on: March 13, 2010, 09:03:01 pm »
My machines 200psi pumptec pump burnt out on me on friday. I ordered a replacement electric motor as head is spare i had,which arrived today ouch postage. Opened the box and first thought I'd been sent the wrong motor. Was advised that this is the new improved motor as the older ones burnt the armeture. Fitted with fingers crossed and once i switshed it on all i get is a humming noise a bit like a set of hair clippers!! Any thoughts?? I've checked pumptec site and from what i can see the head and said motor are compatiable. M72 motor and 112 head. Could it be that the cam bearing isn't engaged in the head??

Powerflight pfx 1350

Lost of ideas at the moment anybody in the Manchester area could help out??

joe

AJB

Re: Pumptec pump problem
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 11:45:46 pm »
Did you fit the cam bearing, sounds like no bearing and motor spinning freely.
www.ajbcarpetcleaning.co.uk
At the end of the day a Satisfied Customer is all that counts, They'll come back and so will their friends!!!

Darren O

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 09:15:17 am »
Last week i changed my jets on wand from 03 back o 02 ive noticed a drop in preasure om my Powerflight i normally run it at 250psi but now i have to set the preasure gauge at well over 300psi just to run at 250 psi is this normal the machine is a year old.When i first bought the machine i was using 015 jets and had no problems at all think i read on here these pumps need serviced every 3 or 4 hundread hours heard its about £300 to get it serviced at Amtech shoudnt of thought it needed serviced already.

jmj

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 10:00:17 am »
The motor came with the cam bearing already fitted.Does the cam bearing rotate round when running? I was hoping AJB would pick up the thread as you seem to be clued up on these pumps.

joe

jmj

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 06:40:53 pm »
I've run the pump motor and noticed that the shaft and the bearing don't rotate at all. Is it possible i may of wired it up wrong!!  Bloody usa wiring colours!! i hope not.

jmj

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 10:40:19 pm »
What a ball ache, the suppliers sent me a electric motor which was AC current and I'm trying to get it to work without realising the original motor was running on DC current. Got the pump working fine then the pressure relief vavle was faulty and ordered a new one. Fitted that today then started it up only to find the pump head is leaking water!! Can't believe my luck!! lost some work in the process and now need to spend £200 on a pump head!!Its like painting the forth  bridge anyhow its got to get sorted eventually!!

joe