Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

rob child

local papers? any good?
« on: March 10, 2010, 05:35:34 pm »
hi all im struggling for new custys and am canvassing round villages within 10 miles from home. im in a busy city but it seems to be all virtually covered so my question is  how do u think an advert in my local rag should do? have any others tried this and what results did this achieve?

Supreme clean window cleaning

Re: local papers? any good?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 05:49:51 pm »
what area do u live in mate

peekeclean

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 05:50:34 pm »
hi rob iv done this a bit now as one of my custys work for the local and dose me a good deal so to me its worth a go  once a month, and the responce is mixed.
The first time had 4 calls that weekend next time had none its just who buys it what week hit or miss.

thanks joe

rob child

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 05:59:53 pm »
im in lincoln m8

geoffreyspecht

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 09:28:12 pm »
just keep canvassing u will pick up work in the end

rich fraser

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 09:28:22 pm »
i cant warrant the price rags charge. i have done about £100 on each advert and it just has not returned enough work. If  i was plumber and each job was worth £250 to £1000 it would be worth it but when it generally about £15, i cant see the point in wasting the money. I would sooner spend the money on good leaflets and get them shoved through peoples doors

mark dew

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 12:37:51 am »
you should look out for a parish magazine to advertise permanently in for village work. Best way to find one is to look on church boards for a contact number for the vicar or whoever. And ask them.
My round is probably 80% based on a £10 per year advert in a parish magazine. The best money i've ever spent on business.
In town papers the return has been poor for me. Consisting mainly of work that any established window cleaner wouldn't take on, for the hassle. Oh and the kicker is, "the last window cleaner only charged 2 n 6."
Parish magazine is i think the best place for a permanent advert.