Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

matt

Re: Carbon fishing pole on ebay
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2010, 11:22:39 am »
I tried it once with a carbon fishing pole but it wasnt sturdy enough so bought the supermax 45ft carbon pole

Same here,the fishing poles are a good cheap way to get you working at those heights but they will end up getting damaged,i`ve got a 57ft Brodex carbon hydra for my high work and all sections come apart so can be used as shorter lighter pole when needed

my pole is used 3 days a week 9 ( with a few other early morning / late nights ) and its now 2 and 1/2 years old

its showing wear now, but still going

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2010, 12:45:14 pm »
I have examined a mates brand new Gardiners carbon pole, it's very good.
I don't think anyone would argue that a shop bought pole is better than a diy, but how much better is it?
Like most things a shop bought carbon pole is about 10% better but twice the price.

Some people tend to boast about how much they paid for something as if it's a virtue to pay more.
I could afford a shop bought pole, but as I have the wit and will to make my own I do.
I think it's a virtue to be tight  ;D

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2010, 12:50:19 pm »
I don't think anyone would argue that a shop bought pole is better than a diy, but how much better is it?
Like most things a shop bought carbon pole is about 10% better but twice the price.

Some people tend to boast about how much they paid for something as if it's a virtue to pay more.
I could afford a shop bought pole, but as I have the wit and will to make my own I do.

Now watch as the above post disappear as if by magic. ;D ;D ;D

matt

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2010, 01:05:39 pm »

Now watch as the above post disappear as if by magic. ;D ;D ;D

no it will stay around for a while for people to say :

a. It will never work, it will not be upto the job

b. Its not safe

c. You will look like a cowboy

d. I wouldnt bother, i have a trillion pound fishing pole for fishing

e. if you have a accident, you will be liable, they ( whoever they are ) will take your house off you, take the houses of your family and friends, take the houses off anyone you know, put you all in the village square ( as the people who will say this will be from a village, think about it  ;))  and flog you all

f. my pole is much better than that and cost much much more, so it must be much better

for real effect, you could mention its better than a ironics pole, that will get them lot on the post and it will really become entertaining

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2010, 01:14:07 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D