Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

croxley steve

block paving
« on: June 15, 2007, 11:07:31 am »
hi all , hoping for some advice before wife kills me ! i got bored a couple of weeks ago and borrowed jet washer to clean driveway. blasted all sand out from between bricks so i swept in new fine sand, now every time it rains it looks like a beach out there and i have to sweep up and then put more sand down . basicaly how do i stop sand getting washed away ?

pjulk

Re: block paving
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 03:45:03 pm »
You may get a better responce in the general cleaning section.
This is the window cleaning FAQ section

croxley steve

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 04:39:22 pm »
ok thanks

sheil

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 02:19:23 pm »
Hi i also had this problem. advise from local builder try mixing sand and cerment (dry mix) before you sweep it down then when it rains it sets it off and keeps it there

andy

steve k

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 03:18:35 pm »
DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMASTANCES PUT SAND/CEMENT ON YOUR BLOCK PAVING...IT WILL RUIN IT...

The only reason your kiln dried sand will be coming out the joints is if you have too big a gap between your blocks or you have a severe sloping area of blocks.
The answer would be to seal the area.

mark.laycock1@ntlw

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2007, 04:38:40 pm »
yes your best to seal area.i use seal from pics.
mark

TVCS

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 09:34:54 pm »
Did you use kiln dried sand in the first place?  dont try and seal it if you have loose sand on the area.  was the area totally dry when you resanded it? if not the sand would have got damp and not worked its way into the cracks.
Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)

wizard

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 12:00:33 am »
Mix a little cement with the sand and sweep it in then let a water hose run over the blocks but dont spray till cement and sand mix sets

cleewindows

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2010, 04:28:33 pm »
dont use cement ever!!!!
It sounds like building sand was used,make sure you used kiln sand and you will have no problems!

No Ladders

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2010, 11:15:40 pm »
I have cleaned & laid block drives. Only use kiln dried sand & never use cement. Google block drives & have a read up, some people have no idea.  ::)