Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

murky

Importing kit.
« on: February 06, 2010, 02:18:38 pm »
Hi,

I have heard about people on here importing kit from the States, but I cant seem to find anyone who has actually done it.

I am looking to Import some hard floor equipment, SX12, gecco, whirlaway etc etc.

Anybody out there who can help, I tried Merril Fox but didnt get a reply to my emails.

Murky

BDCS

Re: Importing kit.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 05:23:49 pm »
I've imported kit from the states, theres no grief you just have to pay the import duty when it arrives in the UK and then they deliver it to you. I doubt with the exchange rate as it is it would be worthwhile considering the grief should it be faulty. You still have the VAT at UK rates. If you can't get a response from berryl now what would it be like with a warranty claim - think on

Pristine Clean

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 06:58:10 am »
BDCS

Is right. I also have imported equipment from the states. However there is one other complication. The power voltage is different. So some of the plugs, fuses etc some times needs to be changed over. But not in every case.

I have found items to be cheaper and in somecases several 1000's cheaper. But again as BSCS says if its faulty, or you require backup its a little tricky. Their time zone is different, and sometimes parts take weeks not days to get to you. But shop around and you can on at least 70% of the stuff get spares in the UK.

Its like carpet cleaning machines I have found several companies that will import to the UK to me direct.

Even the ones that do not import over as they have an agreement with the UK supplier to sell only direct. My father in law works for a big oil company in Texas so he purchases the equipment for me and sends it over. ;D I do pay him the monies of course.

Same spec as over here and the UK supplier charges about £2000 more! ridiculous. ::) Depending on the machine it an be alot more....  :o :o

There get out is oh we support you, and support a british company. Er the item itself is not even bristish. So all the supplier is, is a importer and they get rich why we get poorer.

The other complication is you need to have it CE CHECKED sometimes. But not in all cases. If the model is already over here you will be fine.

I think we should all jump on the band wagon.

Dave
"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

dandandan

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 09:32:11 am »
I got the lot of Hal at Merrill,no problem,he was always on line to help,anything i needed was posted within days,a Honda machine is the same one you get in the Uk or the USA so why not save hundreds?Don`t understand why you can`t get him,i haven`t been in touch with him for while because i haven`t had any problems.All i can say is that you won`t be dissappointed with his service.Don`t bother with Whirlaway or any FSC i think they are a waste of money,a good turbo nozzle is best,i`ve got a 20" FSC you can have for £150,hardly used,but you`ll go over all your jobs with your turbo nozzle anyway so whats the point?If i track Hal down i will post his address,good luck Dan

murky

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 12:59:47 pm »
Just  looking to buy SX12 etc not a TM or anything massisve. Just seems a lot of dough when you look at HM or Altec when you are paying £700 or so and you look at the prices over there and its more or less half price.

I dont think warranty would be an issue for the stuff I want.

Look forward to the address details.

Thanks

Murky

dandandan

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 03:46:16 pm »
http://www.mypressurewashers.com/

Heres Hal at Merrill fox`s new address Murky

murky

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 06:04:31 pm »
Many thanks.

I sent them a message but I think its Sunday over there or they are hung over after the american footy as I havent heard back from them.

Hope to soon.

Thanks Dan, and I will let every one know how I get on.

Murky

Kleen Machine

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010, 10:58:08 pm »
Murky,

If you need anything please contact me at
my.pressurewashers@bellsouth.net the
message comes directly to me.

Hal

drive surgeon

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2010, 10:11:50 pm »
dan can i buy your whirlaway off you? my mate needs one?

drive surgeon

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2010, 10:14:20 pm »
i agree with dan hal at merril fox is a great guy. he always answers my questions and i got my whirlaway sent in 7 days. i was £350 all in direct from usa where as they are £700 over here.

i can highly recommend hal.