Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

firefly123

custermers you dont need
« on: February 08, 2010, 08:32:57 pm »
got a new job 2 months ago lady said clean every 2 months turn up to day set up wfp guy comes out says you did not ask meif i want them cleaned then he says might have them cleaned in 4 months what  do you think i said  :o :o :o
shiney one

rg1

Re: custermers you dont need
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 08:46:03 pm »
got a new job 2 months ago lady said clean every 2 months turn up to day set up wfp guy comes out says you did not ask meif i want them cleaned then he says might have them cleaned in 4 months what  do you think i said  :o :o :o

I'll give you a ring in 4 mths?   just a guess :)
The pen is mightier than the sword (and a lot easier to write with!)

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 08:47:19 pm »
Firefly, are you a window cleaner because you can't spell well enough to get a "proper" job ;D
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 09:36:05 pm »

So .... wojoosay? Eh?
It's a game of three halves!

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 10:45:49 pm »
he said "no problem pal!just phone me up anytime and ill drop everything to come and clean your mingin windows whenever u want!dont you know i do a DIAL-A-CLEAN service!" ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

cockney rebel

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 03:59:59 am »
Ditch 'em. Your trying to earn a living.

Londoner

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 06:59:18 am »
Its a common enough story, one clean and they lose interest in having it done regularly because the windows now look clean. I would take it as a cancellation because even if they do want them done in four months time it will happen again later.

There is always the possibility that the lady doesn't know what the husband has said because its often the husband who says things like this so if she should phone up later to find out where you are tell her that the husband cancelled and drop him in it.

Smudger

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2010, 07:51:04 am »
This is a good example of surcharging for 1st clean - at least that way you dont lose out no these people

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2010, 02:48:28 pm »
I always ask if they want a regular clean before I take any details.  If they seem hesitant, they will be the ones who only have it done once.  Ask the question properly and they'll hang themselves without realising it.

Once I know they don't want regular I offer them my 'Premium' service: phone whenever you like and we'll come within 24 hours.

It costs a minimum of £50

I've got two 'Premium' customers who call on average three times a year.

Mike 108

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2010, 03:57:37 pm »

Once I know they don't want regular I offer them my 'Premium' service: phone whenever you like and we'll come within 24 hours.

I like it!  :)

wizard

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2010, 09:14:15 pm »
Ian Lancaster you are a spot on business man every time you write I read because you always have some thing smart to say. I don’t thing a lot of these chaps dont know what experience and wisdom comes from you.
Message to all newbies pay heed the man has spoken.

geefree

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2010, 09:50:08 am »
december 22, snow on the ground, blue sky , sun out...... lady says..."you are not going to clean them in this weather are you? "

me;... well take away the snow on the ground and its a glorious day...

lady;... its a waste of money , dont do them.

last friday.......thick fog, i clean next door, and wind my hose in.

Same lady; "are you going to clean mine or not"?

me;... its a waste of money cleaning them in this weather.... bye.
 ;D

Mike 108

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2010, 10:25:29 am »
Nice one!

Spruce

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2010, 11:25:40 am »
I always ask if they want a regular clean before I take any details.  If they seem hesitant, they will be the ones who only have it done once.  Ask the question properly and they'll hang themselves without realising it.

Hi Ian
Here they will always say they want a regular clean, even if they don't. Best thing we found is to quote an initial clean price and then a regular maintainence price clean after that.
Always get suspicious when, after years of seeing you they suddenly want their windows cleaned.
Spruce
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2010, 02:01:44 pm »
I always ask if they want a regular clean before I take any details.  If they seem hesitant, they will be the ones who only have it done once.  Ask the question properly and they'll hang themselves without realising it.Once I know they don't want regular I offer them my 'Premium' service: phone whenever you like and we'll come within 24 hours.

Hi Ian
Here they will always say they want a regular clean, even if they don't. Best thing we found is to quote an initial clean price and then a regular maintainence price clean after that.
Always get suspicious when, after years of seeing you they suddenly want their windows cleaned.
Spruce

That's the secret, it's like the salesman's leading question that can only have the answer "yes".  Ask it in such a way that if they are only after a one-off, they'll admit it before they realise.

Londoner

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2010, 07:36:12 am »
A lot of the customers don't know that they want a one off. They just have short attention spans and don't really think things through.
The customer mentioned in the original post probably had someone turn up on her doorstep out of the blue asking if she wanted her windows done and she said yes.

If you had asked her if she wanted to make a lifetime commitment to having her windows done every eight weeks she might have thought a bit more about it.

I find canvassing turns up a lot of these sort of people. In six months time somebody else will turn up and ask if she wants her windows done and she will say yes.

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2010, 04:52:08 pm »
i can just imagine wat u said mate how much was the clean and can u replace them dont do 12 weekers meself