Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jenny1

Office cleaning pricing for 1 hour per day
« on: January 25, 2010, 12:23:08 pm »
Hi,

I've been asked to supply a quote for office cleaning for one hour per day Monday-Friday.  I was wondering how to go about pricing for this and if other companies usually take on a contract for just one hour per day.  If I go on our usual hourly rate for commercial cleaning it doesn't really seem worthwhile so I'd appreciate any advice.

Thanks,

Jenny

Pristine Clean

Re: Office cleaning pricing for 1 hour per day
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 02:39:50 pm »
Hi Jenny,

Pricing is very difficult. Many people ask about this. Also there are many variations to many different companies. What may not be worth while to you maywell be very profitable to someone else.

As a guide and I mean as a guide only:
£2,829.17 including VAT.

Around £235 per month.

This is based on paying 1 member of staff at £6.00 per hour. Your actual profit based on the guide is around £70.00 per month.

I hope this is of some help.

cheers

Dave

"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

dianegreenwood

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 04:49:48 pm »
I would quote it at £13.50 to £15 per hour inc materials, with no charge for bank holidays.

steven_k

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 04:53:30 pm »
same as above 13.50 - 15 can work great if close to another job or could be done first thing to get cleaner started for the day

Pristine Clean

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 04:53:50 pm »
Why no charge for bank holiday?

Do your staff not get paid for bank holidays?

Just curious.

Dave
"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

dianegreenwood

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 12:21:41 am »
Hi Dave

Sadly they get 28 days pro rata, but there's enough profit in the hourly rate to take this into account and in my experience the clients don't like getting charged directly for bank holidays anyway ;D 

Cheers

Diane

www.freshlymaid.co.uk